2019 Hacking/Riding Thread

Grabbed the opportunity today and had a lovely ride. Lots of trotting, and lots of chatty dog walkers! Everyone's spirits were up because it was bright and NOT RAINING!!!!! I'm going to have to ride until the day I pop my clogs - I'm hell to live with if I don't get to do it! Feel so much better for getting out today. (Don't know why I keep doing these through the ears shots - they all look the same! :p Screenshot_20191128-173455_Gallery.jpg

Grabbed the opportunity today and had a lovely ride. Lots of trotting, and lots of chatty dog walkers! Everyone's spirits were up because it was bright and NOT RAINING!!!!! I'm going to have to ride until the day I pop my clogs - I'm hell to live with if I don't get to do it! Feel so much better for getting out today. (Don't know why I keep doing these through the ears shots - they all look the same! :p View attachment 100712

We never get tired of ear shots! Lovely post, I feel the same, I have to ride until I pop my clogs too lol lol

Sunshine again this morning, so went out again. My guardian Angel was looking out for me today. I was going to go round the outside of the inclosure, but changed my mind at the last minute. Having a lovely time, pootling along a track that runs closely parallel to the road, with a few trees between. Suddenly all hell breaks loose - the owner of the cows arrived with their breakfast - 2 dozen of them bellowing and chasing his vehicle, about 20 ft away from us. Hogan was a bit tense, but didn't really react. If I'd gone my intended route, I'd have been right there in the thick of it. Continued without too much trouble, then, coming up the lane home, he tensed up, grew to 17hh and dicky danced around. Again about 20ft away, in the inclosure, is a woman lungeing a grey horse, which was doing the bucking bronco. Sang my go to calm down song (kooks by David bowie - works a treat for some reason!) and we managed past. You're actually not supposed to lunge in the forest, but I was too busy staying alive to remonstrate with her. All in all, another gold carrot ride for Hogan - Santa will have him on the good list.

Sunshine again this morning, so went out again. My guardian Angel was looking out for me today. I was going to go round the outside of the inclosure, but changed my mind at the last minute. Having a lovely time, pootling along a track that runs closely parallel to the road, with a few trees between. Suddenly all hell breaks loose - the owner of the cows arrived with their breakfast - 2 dozen of them bellowing and chasing his vehicle, about 20 ft away from us. Hogan was a bit tense, but didn't really react. If I'd gone my intended route, I'd have been right there in the thick of it. Continued without too much trouble, then, coming up the lane home, he tensed up, grew to 17hh and dicky danced around. Again about 20ft away, in the inclosure, is a woman lungeing a grey horse, which was doing the bucking bronco. Sang my go to calm down song (kooks by David bowie - works a treat for some reason!) and we managed past. You're actually not supposed to lunge in the forest, but I was too busy staying alive to remonstrate with her. All in all, another gold carrot ride for Hogan - Santa will have him on the good list.

What a good lad. Love the idea of gold carrot rides!!!! :D

Well I finally got on board again today! Not for long mind, my confidence is small and small steps I will take if that's what is needed. Mr T rode him first and he was hoof perfect - good boy. I enjoyed it, and it's a start. Just building things up each time. And I do think a lot are sharper in winter, no matter how good they are in general. (Even the madam Storm who is retired was daft this morning just in hand walking!). Felix (one of our rapidly growing kittens) watched us from the banking at the far end - though he did behave today and didn't plop down into the school and creep up........................... :D

Well I finally got on board again today! Not for long mind, my confidence is small and small steps I will take if that's what is needed. Mr T rode him first and he was hoof perfect - good boy. I enjoyed it, and it's a start. Just building things up each time. And I do think a lot are sharper in winter, no matter how good they are in general. (Even the madam Storm who is retired was daft this morning just in hand walking!). Felix (one of our rapidly growing kittens) watched us from the banking at the far end - though he did behave today and didn't plop down into the school and creep up........................... :D
It's always wise to take small steps - especially with ninja kitties around! :p

Sonny unmounted 147.50 hrs
Mounted 31.50 hrs
Andi unmounted 1.75 hrs

Singing is awesome to calm your both down...and it FORCES you to breathe NAS
Been doing a lot of play but tried something different Friday.
Toni and I were gonna try to get together for the first time in quite a while around noon and it was going to be very cold. I ran it past Virginia in the am if I could pay her the ring fee and just come over there then we are not having extended time in the cold with me going over there when Toni played or rode and then her coming over here for me. She was fine with it and said her Grandaughter was coming and maybe we would be around the pony would be better with others she thought around 2. I told her its all up to Toni I have not passed me coming here with Toni
yet I needed to ask you first. I have no idea to Toni's time frame and we had set up NOONISH.
Toni needed to stay noonish and it turned out really well that we did not plan it for all of us.
I went over with Sonny with a little bag of goodies on the saddle some xmas hats and a couple snowmen we could pop on top of cones.
I did some nice traveling circles on line she has a HUGE ARENA. Then rode.
Toni did not ride but had good ground play.
She had emailed Virginia that we had to stay around noonish and we were unclear
what she was planning. Just as we were finishing up we saw Virginia coming with Isabella on the pony. Toni took Levi to his paddock then came back to the arena I waited with Sonny.
WE were a bit surprised she immediately let her off line and the pony took off at a trot and Isabella had no control.
A few minutes later Virginia decieded she did not want anyone around. I was just standing out side the arena with Sonny he lol looked like FERGUS dozing.
Toni and I left the arena area I went home Toni up to Levi stall.
I guess she toppled off twice unhurt but that pony is a Saint.
I was over here and OMG SEVERAL VERY LOUD SHOTS even all the way over here and they came from the state forest out behind Virginia's arena. I guess the pony took a few quick steps and she came off.
She was fine and supposed to ride again yesterday.
She had a lovely pink parka on and and its a shame she aside from coming off at all ended up in the dirt in that.
Yesterday when I was out cleaning at dawn hmm Andi had her stall almost pristine HMMM shes a SLOB..
When I legged up Sonny after cleaning the Percherons were there... I could see them from the road thru the trees so they must have come the nite before.
2 really lovely chestnut.
They were prancing and talking to Sonny.
They had come the nite before LOL Andi knew all about it....
I did not ride or play yesterday we had a lot of prep for a big snowfall coming later today ugh:mad::(:eek:.
I did let Sonny loose behind the cavaletti pen while we were doing some things
outside FUNNY BOY made his way all the way around to the other side yard of the house near the front yard :D:D:p:po_Oo_O not that I really worry
he would leave the property.
Its not light out yet and its really cold 17 f but should start out sunny to get final preps done then later this afternoon its gonna start.
Its gonna be the pitts snow sleet rain more snow thru Tues am ugh.

Walking over with our bag of goddies

Fun traveling circles

Cute snowman and fun play

Funny boy Fergus imprssion
Looking at the Percherons yesterday morning

You can just see 2 faces below the white of the horse trailer.

Where funny boy ended up yeserday..

OHHH I JUST TOOK THIS ….
"RED SKY IN MORNING SAILORS TAKE WARNING "
Its blood red out there I bet this is gonna be a really nasty storm ugh .

Pic no 7 - he looks just beautiful. Gosh - snow coming! We don't usually get much until end january/ February time. The red sky might not bode well weather wise, but it's stunning, nevertheless!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Another cold, sunny morning, so out we went. Uneventful for once - no cows, (yay!) and just a few ponies meandering around. My husband walked the dog in another inclosure and said the big herd of cows were there - hope they stay!

Its still dark for another couple hrs
430 am news said we got 5.5 inches.
That looks about right.
Right now its sleeting.
I'm looking for a little lull and break in an hr or so according to radar to quickly get out clear gates and feed. I have enough room to the sides to clean stalls inside to the edge.
Thankfully my husband is home today and he can help with paths since they say another 5 in tonite.:(:mad:.
Hmmm I bet I can get him to dump for me today too.. that's a plan..:rolleyes:

If we get some cloudy breaks later with no precipitation. Ill do some sort of play.
The winds are suoppsed to be nasty so no riding.
The one good thing is we are supposed to have a few clear days and even sunshine
Tomorrow after it stops.
So it will be PRETTY:)
Its a shame its gonna be so windy today.:mad:

We had a nice cold clear weekend. On Saturday morning I was out with the yard veteran being hacking companion again (The BHS do a hoody that says "Leader of the Hack" - I want it!!). In the afternoon we boxed over and rode with my friend and her TB. Its only 5 minutes each way but Harvey managed to poo twice and wee in the lorry - he wasn't popular

On Sunday I went for a longer hack and the yard groom came with me. There was a puddle across the road that Harvey absolutely refused to go through so in the end I had to jump off and lead him through (it was only about 1cm deep!). I then tried to get back on my standing on the verge but Harvey thought it would be good to stand on the verge with me so that didn't work. We managed to find a kerb in a driveway which was more successful. Fortunately on the way back he was sticky but went through.

We were just doing our final jobs when I realised I had yet again forgotten photos - fortunately I was able to pinch once off FB!

Harvey being his normal photogenic self :(
i-mHLMJ5V-X2.jpg

Sunset at the stables
i-St567qF-XL.jpg

Hacking 12 miles
4 hours

Totals
Schooling
36 hours 50

Hacking
313 miles
84 hours 15