A happy ending

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I don't know if any of you remember my threads about the tethered horses over the years. They were tethered in the middle of a busy dual carriageway, often getting loose or tangled on vegetation.

Well I know many of us got it touch with local councils etc and I'm not sure if it was that that made the difference but it's nice to think they listened.

Once the horses disappeared last autumn (they move them over winter) hundreds of trees were planted on the central reservation. Although this has put a stop (so far) to the tethering I was concerned where the horses would end up.

The field across the road (where ale used to be) has been rented to them. Each horse either has its own field or shares with another. The owners I have to say are really good at making sure they have enough water and food, rugs when needed and have been quick to repair fencing etc. I just feel really happy as this is so much safer for the horses and seems to have all worked out for the best.

A piece of recreation land near where I live also often had horses tethered on it who would frequently get loose, one had a young foal last year and although it was harder for them to get onto the road I still worried for their safety. They are legally allowed to graze the land. Well this year the horses have a lovely corral set up instead with electric fencing which has really pleased me. 102701

Anyway just so much nicer to see the horses like this and hopefully won't be any more tethered round here now.

newrider.com