a tale about my friend

snuggly_elf

cuillin grazing!
Sep 17, 2001
Visit site
I have a friend called jen who's 27 and only just started riding again last year after a huge break. But she was having no luck at all. She enjoyed it at first untill she was getting to the stage of learning to canter. Then everything went to pot. She didn't like the lessons she was having (group) she didn't like the instructors and worst of all she didn't really like the horses she was being put on and so suffered a huge blow to her confidence. She was at the point where she spoke to a friend of hers who works at the stables and said she was going to give up. Her friend offered to give her individule lessons and said she would pick the horse that jen would ride.
So jen went for her lesson on tuesday and just before it she phoned me and said that this was her last chance. If she didn't enjoy it this time she was going to give up for good.
I went to the pub with her last night and I have never seen her so enthusiastic about a riding lesson before! She said it went fantasitcally, she said that the horse she was riding was excellent and did everything she asked it to do. The girl who taught her was fab, making her do loads of things that she hadn't done before, such as slowing the horse by slowing her rise in trot and turning by just using her legs and body weight. Jen's enthusiasim in horses has been restored and I think it's great!
So the moral of this story, if your having problems with your riding, don't give up. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that!

snugs :D

Thats a nice story, I am glad she didn't give up. Sounds like she found her instructor.:)

newrider.com