A totally puzzling 3lb loss this week...

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Haven't posted about my diet efforts for a while - just wanted to share. Most odd this week as I've not denied myself anything extra or done anything out of the ordinary other than some longer and faster schooling sessions. I appear to have lost three whole pounds:dance: Not a great loss of course but better than nowt! Could it be finally that my wretched metabolism is speeding up and accepting the fact that I've stopped filling my body with junk?!!!! Any thoughts welcome. Do hope you are all doing well. I will soon be 11 stone - its taken a while I started at just over 12:redface:
At last I may be making progress....(Am sure Storm will appreciate it too!)

Not a diet expert I'm afraid but one interesting thing is that apparently Green Tea is great in helping with dieting.

Green Tea speeds up your metabalism and helps stop your body absorbing fat.

You need just two cups a day.

Whoo hoo.

I am starting to take it so will have to wait and see.

Hmm, I've heard good stuff about Green tea, but only within the cosmetics industry (somebody reckoned there were benefits in having a moisturiser with it in?).
Hope it works Claire - let us know please!!!

I feel like I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel at long last - if I can just hit the dead on 11 stone mark and take it from there I'll feel a whole lot better!

Must say, the cantering is toning my flabby belly for some reason - I think those muscles had long since given up!

Well done you :wavespin:

If you're anything like me then your body will work on a 4 week cycle. For me I find I have 2 weeks out of the 4 where my body seems to find it easier to lose or maintain weight. The other 2 weeks aren't so good.

I blame it on the hormones. Sounds like as good a reason as any!

Add into that the complications of water retention too and that's my explaination for my patterns :biggrin:

Keep on trucking me lovely and you'll soon get to where you want to be x

Well done, all in the right direction!

I joined a gym this week so hopefully the weight will start coming off!! Managed to lose the extra Kg I'd put on over my starting weight so I'm back to where I was! (although don't know how this happened because still eating rather atrotiously!!)

Well done! I seem to be "maintaining" for the past 3 weeks (better than gaining). I really need to increase my exercise level to see another drop, but it's been so hot I haven't felt like doing much. No more excuses, though. Only 4 more pounds to lose and then I can say I've lost 20 lbs - need to lose at least another 20 - more like 30.

I will have to start drinking green tea too!

Trewsers, i was 12 stone after having my son 3 years ago and i'm now 10 stone, so it is possibly to lose that extra stone if you think you need too :biggrin:

That`s a brilliant weight loss, well done.
I`ve been going to weight watchers for about 7 weeks now and have lost 15lbs. still have quite a few to go though.

I love this site, horses and weightloss in the one place :D

it's not puzzling at all trewsers :D my ex-OH is a body builder and he was always adamant that denying yourself and living off salad and rabbit food was not the way to loose weight. He cut his weight down by zig zag dieting, eating "sensibly" one week then having every treat under the sun the next. Certainly worked for him!

it's not puzzling at all trewsers :D my ex-OH is a body builder and he was always adamant that denying yourself and living off salad and rabbit food was not the way to loose weight. He cut his weight down by zig zag dieting, eating "sensibly" one week then having every treat under the sun the next. Certainly worked for him!

oooh fantastic, there's hope for me yet!! :dance:

I honestly think the extra riding is helping, I can really feel my stomach muscles atm, specially after all that cantering! (Hopefully it will be having the same effect on Storm and she'll start shaping up soon!)

Well done. Isn't it amazing what a difference a drop on the scales can make? When you feel that you're making progress it's so much easier to stay on track.

Wish my stomach muscles were developing - I don't think I've got any, but they are probably hiding under the mound of fat. :frown:

Keep up the good work.

I had a ex bodybuilder for an ex too, and he said the same thing. He told me that your body gets used to the healthy eating regime, so it will actually shock your body if you have a good blow out now and then!

Certainly I've found that I fall off the wagon on Sundays because I can't resist a roast with all the trimmings, and this week was particularly bad because nobody makes an old fashioned trifle* like my dad, and, well, it'd be rude to refuse wouldn't it! And I've lost 7.4lbs since I started to eat healthily.

[DDtruefact]*Trifle is very good for you as it contains all the main food groups (fat and protein in the cream and custard, carbs in the sponge) and fruit as well, and everyone knows that jelly is so good for the hair and nails.[/DDtruefact]

newrider.com