Adult Mounted Games *vids added*

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Gracie and I have been asked to be the reserve rider for a team for the BHS adult mounted games, which will be held at Rodbaston in May. The instructor lady on our yard always enters a team so it means that practise sessions will be at "home". Gracie loves mounted games, we practised a bit two years ago to be on the team but she got SO excited that she started to scare me a bit and as I'd only had her for a few weeks back then, I pulled out before my nerve went. Two years later I'm not bothered by her excited high jinks any more (now I know her I think they're quite fun and I love that she gets so excited with enjoyment) so we'll be able to have lots of fun practising over the next few weeks, probably without the stress of actually competing (although you never know!)

Fabulous! You must be so pleased and as you say the practice will be a huge amount of fun for both of you and you never know, you may end up in the team on the day.

She was FAB!!! Very excited and just wanted to run very fast, but didn't buck or pronc once this time, which I was thrilled about.

We started with practising with flags. I tried to go slowly- to work on my technique - but G just wanted to trot....so I called this her "piaffe" race - haha!

Later we did bending. She loves this because she knows she can canter and has already learned a nifty tight turn at the end....not bad for a chunky cob. AND flying changes too.

That does look fun! I'm very envious of your flying changes and your accuracy. Even if Raf could do this I'd be rubbish at it and drop everything. I'd love to have a go though.

newrider.com