Advice on Essex hacking

pudding 'n' pye

Aug 30, 2014
Hi, I have just become a member so apologies if I'm doing this wrong!! I looking at moving to Essex in the near future. I have downloaded maps from the East Anglian Farm Rides and posted on Essex Bridleway Ass I was wondering if anyone knew of any good off road hacking in the Hannifield areas. I currently have 2 retired old boys which I will keep at home. But was looking to buy a new horse and wanted to join a yard for the social side. DIY is perfect or part livery. I am open to any suggestions or areas as i don't know essex at all. I will be moving from Norfolk. Thanks all:)

Hi, welcome. I dont know that area but ive been eyeing up those farm rides they sound good. I used to have horses on the herts essex border, when you look at yards definitely ask about the hacking as you cant normally beat the local knowledge :)

I can't really help you as I moved away from Essex 19 years ago. I moved from Thetford in Norfolk to Colchester in Essex. Am not sure where Hanniford is though?

I couldn't figure out where hannifield was but recognised it so hit up google, I brought my old boy from very near there which is why it rang a bell :)
There is a good saddlery at Ingatestone which is nearby, I'm sure if you called them or popped in they would be able to give you tips on yards with good reputations etc
http://www.ingatestonesaddlery.co.uk

newrider.com