Ale suddenly being spooky and cheeky..

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Well more cheeky than usual. What do you think the cause is? Colder, not enough work, too much hay (as ad lib in field now, something else.

I'm going to try working him every day if I can for a couple of weeks, even a 15 min freeschool should help right? He was quite up for it out on a hack with my mum today, I tell her to give him a trot up the first hill to take the edge off him but she doesn't like trotting on the road.

I would say the cold - the two florences are full of themselves too!! I think they just get a bit sharper at this time of year.

He's got such a thick winter coat though and his clip has almost grown back out tbh, although I am re clipping tonight! I like him with more energy but I don't like the spookyness that comes with it!

Well if it's any consolation Belle did a major spook this morning at her best friend and my friend as they walked up to the school, we did get some lovely sideways though :) all be it unintentional! I think it's just the cold to be honest, I know Belle is always much more forward in the colder months.

newrider.com