All change here too ..... Update with pics lol

daisysp8

Dec 11, 2009
North East Linconshire
A bit of a mammoth update from me too ......

So i`m now working, *yay*, but sadly my little dog who i`ve had for 3 years didn`t like being left alone. She was barking non stop, all the time i was out, and my neighbours started to complain :( Even though every selfish bone in my body wanted to keep her, i knew it wasn`t fair. So when my old YO asked if she could have her, i couldn`t turn her down. My old YO has my little dogs brother (litter mates) and has acres of land and is around in the day, and even if she`s not, they can bark as much as they like as they live in the middle on no where.

Luckily for me it`s only the next field away from my yard where i keep my 2, so i get to see her everyday too, and old YO has said i can call and cuddle her and borrow her for the day any time i like ... so that has worked out well (still miss her dreadfully though, but i`m happy she`s happy)

Then i kind of got a new horse too ............. It`s an enormously long story, but needless to say the poor lass letting him go was in a really crap position, and i love the bones of this horse and his owner was having to let him go due to many different things and she couldn`t bear to let him go heaven knows where via a dealer the following day. So ... i bought him !!!!! lol !!! I`ve ridden him before, more precisely i`ve galloped him down the beach, i know he`s a saint bless him.

It wasn`t planned, but i saw her desperately upset post on facebook on saturday morning and by sunday tea time he was in my field, and they were helping him settle in :biggrin:

We have a wee caravan now and stayed down at the field, i just wanted to make sure he settled in ok.

Us in our PJ`s first thing on Sunday morning, it was throwing it down with rain, but i didn`t care lol ...

pjs.jpg

My wake up call was him whinnying to us, i sat bolt up right looked out of the window and came face to face with him .. bless him lol, he was a bit soggy so a gave him a good dry off with a towel and put a lightweight waterproof on him, and gave him a haynet, he settled down and got stuck in straight away:

DSC_1550.jpg

He`s a good lad and like another shadow :biggrin:

DSC_1546.jpg

I was a bit apprehensive about having 3, but as fate would have it a good friend rang me to ask if i happened to know anyone with a driving pony, that would also be suitable for their little girl to ride ... lol I mentioned what had just happened taking the new lad on, and they asked if they could have Dixie Doodles on loan ... So i agreed. She has fitted in with them like she`s always lived there, and again, i can pop and see her anytime ... it`s only a trial to start with, but their daughter is smitten already. It couldn`t have worked out any better had it actually been planned if that makes sense, as it was it all came out of the blue but has worked out well.

Anyhow ... to begin with Coby was a complete and utter mess :unsure: bless him, he`s a bit special and doesn`t do change, he was charging round snorting and downright rude, it was a bit of a shock to see him like it, and i`ve never seen him like that in 2 years of having him ... but by day 2 he`d come round to it all .. and decided his new buddy wasn`t so bad after all:

20120410_191648-1.jpg

20120410_184340.jpg

20120410_184138-1.jpg

By Tuesday things were settled and chilled and back to normality:

20120410_191334.jpg

20120410_190115.jpg

20120410_190140.jpg

20120410_190203.jpg

Here`s the pics from 2009 when i first met him ... these pics were taken by Gillydaydream, she`s rather talented with a camera :wink:

Guinessbeach.jpg

DSC_43720011.jpg

Love this one .... This is his lovely mum, him and me having a paddle.

usx.jpg

So ... ummmm .... it`s been a busy couple of weeks !!! lololol !!!!

Your new addition is seriously stunning! I wish i could happen upon one just like!! :inlove:

Every one is getting a cob yay, I think you are the 5th person I know of recently to get one of these dudes.
Look forward to updates and lots of photos.

Eta, what make is that turnout, looks like a nice fit. So far only found amIgo to fit my cob. Obviously she is a lot shorter but broad.

Last edited:
He is lovely, and so clean.

I see he has a sweet itch rug, does he suffer quite severely?

My horse also has sweet itch, bit of a pain, but this will be teh first full year i have had her, so we have taken action early. She is fed brewers yeast and global herbs flyfree, and on a low sugar, high fibre diet. She also has a rambo hoody, how do you cope at the moment when it is sunny but also rains quite heavily?

My horse is out of her mediumweight turnout and in a lightweight standar neck turnout when it's wet, do you put his hoody on regardless?

Thanks

Love your new addition! He is gorgeous! I will have to do an update soon as a lot has changed at my end too! All these goings on it's hard to keep up! Happy for you though :biggrin:

yay!! what a fantastic update!!

Glad i'm not the only one that does my horses in my jim jams on occassion - i sadly don't have the excuse of staying over tho :biggrin:

Your new addition is just lush :inlove: i am sure any worry about having 3 will have well and truly gone when you saw him in your fields :happy:

I am sure Coby must have got all worried he was going to have to share his mummy and then realised it was all good and got an extra friend as well as his mummy time :wink:

Look forward to future updates. Lovely to see you all so happy

Wowza Daise what an update! :eek:

Love your new boy he is gawwwgus! :inlove:

It sounds like everything is working out nicely for you, really pleased for you hun :wub:

The pick of you in your jim jams made me chuckle, you mad laydee :mstickle:

what make is that turnout, looks like a nice fit. So far only found amIgo to fit my cob. Obviously she is a lot shorter but broad.

It`s a Mark Todd, originally bought for my old TB mare ... but fits the cobbys brilliantly :)

He is lovely, and so clean.

I see he has a sweet itch rug, does he suffer quite severely?

My horse also has sweet itch, bit of a pain, but this will be teh first full year i have had her, so we have taken action early. She is fed brewers yeast and global herbs flyfree, and on a low sugar, high fibre diet. She also has a rambo hoody, how do you cope at the moment when it is sunny but also rains quite heavily?

My horse is out of her mediumweight turnout and in a lightweight standar neck turnout when it's wet, do you put his hoody on regardless?

Thanks

Hi Honey B and welcome to the forum :happy:

He was in the Sweet itch rug until we got the terrible rain here, and now he`s just in a no fill rain sheet, and i put some cream on his tummy and inner thighs each day. As he`s new to me we`ll just have to see how we go, and i`m sure it`ll be a bit hit and miss to start with as it`s all new to me but i`m trying my best. Sorry to hear your girl suffers with it too ... such a nasty thing it would seem. I`ve had itchy ponies before (Coby and Dixie are both itchy) but none to the extent this boy scratches himself bless him.

Love your new addition! He is gorgeous! I will have to do an update soon as a lot has changed at my end too! All these goings on it's hard to keep up! Happy for you though :biggrin:

Ooooo looking forward to hearing what you`ve been up to :dance:

Thank you to everyone for your lovely replies, i know i`m seriously biased but he certainly is a hunk :wub:

newrider.com