Almost back in the saddle

She is indeed the sweetest kindest young lady ever. We have been schooling her on the lunge rein and when she is fully tacked up she is as calm and sweet as anything.
I wish I had photos from this weekend but I didn’t have my phone with me.
Phil was lunging Briar while Bella was loose in the field and she started trotting round in a circle behind him, getting the hang of it.

No riding lesson this weekend thanks to the hideous dreadful flu bug going round. Madam had a stable day on Sunday due to the rain and wind, then we spent the rest of the time hanging out waiting for the grass to grow.

Hooray lesson one completed today. First time in the saddle for 8 years, riding Autumn, a Dutch warmblood.
Pauline, my instructor, is absolutely amazing and selected Autumn for my first lesson back as she is similar in shape and potential to my Bella.
Pauline tailored everything to my hyper mobility issues and my natural tendency towards western riding.
Very proud of myself as the muscle memory was still there and the balance held. We focussed on seating position and lower body today. Feeling good.

Reactions: Trewsers and GaryB
Post lesson update - two days on and I can still move and walk without wincing. Obviously the pre-application of tubigrips to every joint to protect my hypermobile body was the way to go

Reactions: GaryB
Lesson number 2 this week aboard a stubborn little lady called Blondie. She had two speeds of refuse and run lol.
Great to get outside as well on her. Body seems to be holding up so the muscle memory was still there all along.
Bella (my horse) has been having a whale of a time marauding around the paddock with Briar while I get my whole body used to riding again.

You seem to be posting the same things on two separate threads, this one and your Members Diary. Could you maybe just post on one or the other? - the duplicate posts are making me confused about what I have and haven't read!
I am glad you're feeling fairly at home back in the saddle. Are you feeling it in your inner thighs at all? - that's normally what gets me when I've not ridden for a while!

You seem to be posting the same things on two separate threads, this one and your Members Diary. Could you maybe just post on one or the other? - the duplicate posts are making me confused about what I have and haven't read!
I am glad you're feeling fairly at home back in the saddle. Are you feeling it in your inner thighs at all? - that's normally what gets me when I've not ridden for a while!

Sorry for the confusion, I guess I am so excited about the whole thing and love to share it. I will confine it to my members stories thread possibly maybe lol.
My inner thighs seem to be coming off relatively unscathed, but I am doing loads of stretching beforehand, and lots of stretching and long walks afterwards to try and keep mobile.
I am definitely gripping ok with my long legs because the instructor keeps telling me to loosen my vice like grip lol

As an aged rider and mother to a TB collector I must point out that not all TBS are unsuitable for less able riders..Ous are gererally polite to handle and ride after careful retraining and I am sure that this poster wil have lots of help acheiving this.

I think the ROR are doing a lot to dispel the myths We were priveleged to take one of our about 8 monhts out of trainig to therecent SHowcase event at AIntree where she performed really sensibly in a lively atmosphere with a live audience and online broadcast cameras.

Reactions: Bodshi
Thanks for that, it’s true. Our TBs are like big pampered pets at the moment, much easier to ride than the random cobs and warmbloods my refresher lessons have been on.
Obviously the safety factor is there when riding a 17.4 TB as I found out when our Briar had an overexcited moment the other week and I had to make an emergency exit as he was cantering towards some oak tree branches.
Bruised back but otherwise fine, just need to reinforce with myself the different
breaking mechanism - not his fault but mine.

newrider.com