Almost there for anyone that needs a winter boost

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Well it's the last day of the year. Time to reflect and time to look forward and make lots of resolutions to break by tomorrow.
On a positive note I've noticed the lighter evening already. Theyve only draw out by 9 minutes but with it being dry it's been noticeable. Still another 5 days till the mornings draw out but I feel happy that I've got to this point. I know the worse if the weather is just around the corner but I feel I can deal with it purely as the day length is getting longer. It's really helped me by breaking up the year into the months and not look too far ahead. I try to look at the next 30 days.
So at the moment I'm like saying well the next 4 weeks goal will be riding only at the weekends and lunge during the week. Don't think about what February will be.

So happy new year all and stay positive.

Happy New Year to all from Belle and myself!
I too am very much looking forward to the mornings getting lighter, I only ride in the mornings due to work hours so winter is difficult, having said that we've done next to nothing this last month what with abscess, pulling shoes off and the weather..... hey ho onwards and upwards. I rarely make plans these days as if I do I can almost guarantee they will turn to a ball of chalk.

Reactions: Trewsers
Well I got up in a good mood as you can tell from my post. However mood has dropped. I have a lame horse. Will stay positive.

it's encouraging, you feel it has turned the corner. I have managed to get out on Buddy 7 mornings in a row this week and hopefully tomorrow.

It's working out well with toni and I trying to play on the days she works from home.
It's really nice to see the daylight getting a little tiny bit longer.
Yesterday I added some PVC pipes to the top of my little cavaketti pen.
To be able to put flags etc on top.
I tried something new as well with the flower pots near the cavakett and my little arena. I cant l leave feather flags out with the worse winds here and now Christmas tree shop
Doesn't seen to have them anymore so I cant replace them now.
My husband cut a bunch of PVC pieces that I can push into the flower pots.
If the soil freezes I can still put a flag or something in the piece of PVC. :)
I did a bunch yesterday but some are frozen the arena area gets a lot of shading from the tree line.
New years eve is nothing for me.
Tomorrow I have a bunch of great things
Set to record.
The London parade. The tournament of Rose's parade. And woo hoo EQUIFEST
that's a showcasing of all the equestrians in the rose parade. ;)
With being set to record I can watch at
Leisure :) after heavy rain tonite its supposed to be a really warm day.:D
Maybe all the flower pots will melt so I can get all the PVC in. Sigh wish I had thought of it sooner.

Reactions: Trewsers
I've had a lovely year (apart from the usual ups and downs of keeping horses) and will be sad to wave goodbye to 2018, I hope next year is as good:)

Thanks @horseandgoatmom for reminding me about New Year Day parade. Must look and see if it's on TV. Although I will be out doing stuff so might have to find it on YouTube later. Is the US equvilent one with all the floats called the Roses. I can't remember. I know I watched it last year on YouTube.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Well I just went outside to see how cold it was in my pjs. I can tell you it ain't tshirt weather. Brrrrrrr
On the plus side the morning's are now drawing out and its not raining. So happy bunny.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I take it back. It warmed up enough that after I rounded up all the cows and got them in collecting yard for dehorning I was down to my tshirt. Only for an hour then I gradually had to put the layers back on.

newrider.com