And we’re there...

A quick walk around the block tonight, thinking about it, it’s probably the first time he’s been out alone in 11 months, he was a bit on high alert but just looking around. Though he did get excited on our 3rd trot and had a little L’Oréal moment 🤣
969CFBF2-A79F-4AA0-8D6E-ABA39AF1A358.jpeg
Stirrups we’re too tempting so although I knew my girth wasn’t tight enough (he needs a smaller one) I stuck my foot in and hopped up and down until the saddle slipped, he’s so used to me doing silly things by now he couldn’t care less about it 😁

Last edited:
He looks great!

Sid has a really pansy whinny, he is such a chunky monster but his whinny is really soft and goes "whee hee hee". I think my expectations were managed by Mattie, who had a proper stallion shout!

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
After dinner shenanigans, Niko goes out on the grass in the day while Hank and Dan hang out together, every day they’re happy to be back together and this ensues before they settle down for hay.

Oh, I am Hank's No 1 fan, he is just the cutest thing on the planet. And such a lovely colour! And so clean!

Niko looks as if he has grown quite a bit, what height is he now?

Reactions: Jessey
That play is hours every day, Hank actually gets more in his bucket than Jess does! He got too thin in the autumn, it’s very strange having to feed a Shetland 🤣

I haven’t put a stick on niko in months, I probably should! I think he’s gone a little bum high again, but mostly he’s just really filling out now, he’s definitely not so weedy looking.

It’s been chilly but dry so Niko has had some naked days and I think it’s safe to say he’s enjoyed it, he’s such an itchy horse so really loves a rugless roll
6237437A-320C-46CD-B0C2-00DCE9D616FF.jpeg

Monkey is bored on his own, we had gymnastics practice last night at feed time and the little sucker has tipped his water butt out twice a day, every day for the last week. Luckily his play mate is looking better and they should be back together by the weekend 🤞

Playing with Niko tonight things went a little bit sideways, but I’m all the more in love for it 🥰 things always go sideways a few times with babies, it’s not about that, it’s about how well they cope.

I’d saddled up and lunged and then switched to long lines, not very well planned as didn’t want reins down low so just crossed my stirrups and put them through high. Had a lovely 10 minutes work and almost done when a bird flew out of the bush right next to him. Understandably he quickly turned 90’ towards it, but in doing so both lines came over his back, along with the stirrup on the far side, big endurance stirrup flying towards his face so he went another 90’, now facing me, stirrup still flapping at eye height and he went back at speed. I gave him some release, said whoa and he stopped 💪 I untangled him, reset everything and we carried on like nothing happened.

Then went in the barn, clambered up him onto the hay crate, foot in stirrup, leaned over, and just then my new hay steamer tripped the breaker and the power went out. I felt the world was telling me enough, so I quit there 😁 but what a good day 😁 lots learned for both of us.
074D51B9-72FA-4F73-A2EA-62D7BE30F39E.jpeg

Playing with Niko tonight things went a little bit sideways, but I’m all the more in love for it 🥰 things always go sideways a few times with babies, it’s not about that, it’s about how well they cope.

I’d saddled up and lunged and then switched to long lines, not very well planned as didn’t want reins down low so just crossed my stirrups and put them through high. Had a lovely 10 minutes work and almost done when a bird flew out of the bush right next to him. Understandably he quickly turned 90’ towards it, but in doing so both lines came over his back, along with the stirrup on the far side, big endurance stirrup flying towards his face so he went another 90’, now facing me, stirrup still flapping at eye height and he went back at speed. I gave him some release, said whoa and he stopped 💪 I untangled him, reset everything and we carried on like nothing happened.

Then went in the barn, clambered up him onto the hay crate, foot in stirrup, leaned over, and just then my new hay steamer tripped the breaker and the power went out. I felt the world was telling me enough, so I quit there 😁 but what a good day 😁 lots learned for both of us.
View attachment 110313
What a gorgeous tail he has!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com