And we’re there...

Little boys, like Ziggy, Have I got something to eat? Yes. Water? Yes. OK then

I'm glad Jess is calm with Niko so close.

He has a lovely head. I know he's part QH, how much is Welsh or Arab? My one regret about Charlie is that he has a horse head not a pony head, so I'm well jell

Reactions: Jessey
Well I’ve deposited the little boys at my friends place and Jess is not best impressed, but she’s also not charging the fence.....we’ll see if it lasts!

The farrier wasn’t an entirely successful endeavour this morning, got front feet done but not hinds, hinds don’t look awful so I just decided it was not worth getting in a fight over it and I’ll practice before we try again.

Niko was very nervous of me and my friend who viewed him with me, but has been really good since he’s been home but meeting the farrier bumped him straight back to nervy, so I’m going to get as many people as possible to come and meet him and give him a brush until new people aren’t scary?
took us two years before a farrier looked at Suze and while i am not recommending this (!) it did her no harm at all

Little boys, like Ziggy, Have I got something to eat? Yes. Water? Yes. OK then

I'm glad Jess is calm with Niko so close.

He has a lovely head. I know he's part QH, how much is Welsh or Arab? My one regret about Charlie is that he has a horse head not a pony head, so I'm well jell
He’s not QH, dad is welsh D, mum is 50% Arab 50% saddlebred ?

Reactions: Native Lover
All was quiet this morning, no fences destroyed and nothing in disarray ? and from the poo distribution, Jess has spent a good part of the night next to Niko, away from the patch of grass she had ? and she walked by him without drama to get her breakfast.

Well putting them together couldn’t have gone better ? in fact it went so well I’d started to wonder if Jess was poorly, he’s all up around her (she normally has quite a big personal bubble), rubbing on her, nibbling at her, taking grass out of her mouth! And she just physically pushed him out of the way to wander off ? then I fed them and she finished first and went to pinch his bucket and promptly let him share, even Hank doesn’t get away with that!
3EED853D-5C2F-4AEA-92A1-20CFD767312C.jpeg
I was quite relieved when he had a gallop around the track and shot up behind her and she told him off with a kick and he instantly remembered his manners ?
7A82F17E-3A08-4B50-B605-5AC13DCC39CB.jpeg
Obviously she’s very pleased to be getting some grass but I felt a strip was worth the risk to ensure peace overnight, and as it gradually runs out they’ll learn to get along without it.

it's a bit like cats and kittens, kittens get away with murder as they are kittens, they are forgiven, disciplined but also they just have no worries about crossing boundaries. I remember when Buddy came, and was going to be boss horse. Fleur went up and did the foal mouthing to him and that was it, he accepted her. Suze for years kept well away and it is only 8 years on they are becoming pals.

hopefully reintroducing the little boys won’t cause too much drama, I’m going to give them another day or two so hopefully she doesn’t feel the need to pick any sides!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I decided to bring the little boys home this afternoon as Jess and Niko seemed so content to be around each other, with the back up plan I’d just take them away again if it all got too exciting. I start a new job Monday and don’t need to be worrying about them.

But it went pretty well (the boys are in the paddock next to the track) Niko has been getting away with bloody murder with Jess but I think the honeymoon is over, she’s told him to pack it up a few times now and when he nipped at her when they were greeting the boys she landed a warning kick in his ribs, he just skulked away. I hung around for another hour and they wandered off and came back and it’s all been pretty reasonable, the most excited one was Hank ?
004FA509-E19B-4256-B511-5E0411E9BF67.jpeg

Well in my 5 hour absence today, someone (with big hooves) took out 2 fences, the one to the paddock the boys were in and the perimeter to the empty field next door! I’m pleased to say everything was pretty calm and it seemed a bit pointless to separate them all again so they’re all together with plenty of hay dotted around and some grass too ?
Jess was very chilled, Niko was nipping at the little boys and Hank is a little put out at having lost his shadow position and followed the 2 bigguns around like a lost puppy. Dan just stays out of it all but thankfully hadn’t taken the opportunity to get on the long grass ?
58307402-00DF-486E-A97B-F47C4950EC0B.jpeg

newrider.com