Annoying waste of space

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
That I am. I have done my back again, lifting skips into the muck trailer on Thursday. Of course if it had been emptied when we asked 10 days ago I wouldn't have had to lob them so high and that's what did it.

It is just bloody sore, can't straighten, can't do anything other than feed the equine team and try to not damage it further when Buddy wants to help me carry his breakfast...really fed up with myself, it's a lovely day for once and I can't do a blooming thing. Have tried pain relief, rested all day, but it is still absolute agony to walk. Can't muck out so they will have to just cope with a filthy yard till I am a bit better.

• Sad
Reactions: GaryB and Jessey
I feel your pain. I suffer with back pain frequently. It goes up and down and I get several different areas that I regularly pull the muscles in. Its difficult at this time of year as I do so much more lifting of hay bales and feed buckets.
All I can say is try and rest as much as you can from physical work. But try and walk so you stay more mobile. If you do nothing and dont move you seize more I find.

Like Chunky says rest from the physical work as much as poss. I had a similar situation a few weeks ago and nothing short of Mr T doing practically everything including hoof picking sorted me. I am now very very wary. I was stupid enough to think I could wield a large bale of heavy shavings into a barrow at a silly angle. I paid the price and could hardly move for a few days. Even sweeping was painful. Lots of vibes coming.

You need a Painpod, you really do. Last time my back went, I put mine on, turned it right up and it made my back go back to my normal. it is a total lifesaver. I take mine everywhere and where it all day And when my back is bad, I turn up the volume and it makes all the difference. I can’t take painkillers now so this is the thing that keeps me on my feet.

i rely on mine so much now, I have two in case one breaks.

saw the osteo on Thursday and it was a bit better afterwards but just needs to heal. Managed to walk the dogs for 45 minutes as I needed to try to get straight and moving, it hurt and I was slow but managed to get to where I needed to go. What is a Painpod?

Reactions: Huggy
Bad backs are the worst, definitely rest up, they won't hate you for a dirty yard for a few days. I feel your pain a little, I managed to tear the rotator cuff in my right shoulder again yesterday morning, I've just about done a rough poo pick today but it needs rest so no riding for me this weekend and a lot of jobs I'd planned to get done haven't been, such a waste of dry weather and rain forecast all week now :( I'm interested in the pain pod too, I hate taking my pain meds, they make me feel so wretched, is it a kind of tens machine?

what is a Painpod? Oh my word. It is a lifesaver, worth every penny and something that has transformed my back and life.

i have the back belt and the Painpod 3 plus an older model. I also have some pads which I stuck onto my frozen shoulder and it vanished within twelve hours.

i don’t take painkillers but I swear my Painpod during daylight hours. It works and it has saved my back when it is going into spasm and i am off my legs.

i have a tens machine but the painpod is so much more effective and i can see and feel the difference.

Reactions: Jessey
I'm curious too about pain pod. Just googled it and it does look like a tens machine. Curious though as to whether it's a shock or vibration.
Someone had one of those pain be gone things that you can use through your clothes. I can actually say id prefer to throw myself on the electric fence than use one of those. The shock was awful.

newrider.com