Another Great Lesson with Pics!

EquineObsession

Mar 23, 2012
Nottinghamshire
Evening everyone! :)

Had another great lesson with Charlie this afternoon. Towards the end of the lesson I began learning to canter! So fast! Though apprently Charlies canter is much slower than most the other riding school horses!

It felt more comfortable than the accidentle canter at Pony Club on Sunday but it still felt a bit scary like when I first started to canter a couple of weeks ago but like with the trotting I asume I will feel better about it soon. When I first started trotting it felt really fast compared to walking and I didn't trot and control Charlie at the same time to start with so I assum once I manage to get the hang of sitting in the saddle for the canter I will gradually increase my contol and be anle to stay in the track then progress onto circles and figure of 8s :)

I'm also going to be volunteering at the stables and hopefully one day be able to do a course there or become a working student when there's a position available! :D

Here's a pic of me and Charlie from the start of the lesson - I don't look particulary glamorous lol!

photo.jpg

Its not your fault, its the person who took the picture:yellowcarded: Great progress, it took me weeks just to learn rising trot.

newrider.com