Another Saddle! Anyone identify this one?!

Kis Vihar

Nutty Saddlers !
Anyone care to have a go at identifying this? :D

It's not Hungarian...it's definately made in England! ;)

Anyone seen one before? The seat is natural sheepskin. The panels are felt.

It was £3 at a car-boot. Couldn't resist it! It sits on the wall in the workshop. :)

Attachments

• K Saddle.jpg
    K Saddle.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 71
  • K Saddle (1).jpg
    K Saddle (1).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 94
  • K Saddle (2).jpg
    K Saddle (2).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 78
  • K Saddle (3).jpg
    K Saddle (3).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 76
  • K Saddle (4).jpg
    K Saddle (4).jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 66
Its an older style pony pad ! havent seen one of those since i was 8 yrs old & had my first pony, whom i used to ride bareback until our shepherd's wife came away with a pony pad they had in the attic.

Oh that looks...comfy
sarcastic.gif

Eml, part of me wants to 'autopsy' it and find out WHAT it's got...the rest of me wants to leave it in peace! ;)

It seems to have, literally, a front 'arch'...that's it! There's nothing behind the front arch. :) There are apparently no 'points' either...Like I said....I'm thinking about taking it apart....I can always stitch it up again....:confused:

Looks like a home bodged cross between a half tree race saddle and a Barnsby pony pad.

It looks to me as if someone has done some homemade additions to a 1950s half tree. Origionally there would have only been a half panel, linen or serge lining and the seats were usually lightly stuffed with a pattern stitched through the leather.

I would be seriously tempted to explore gently under the sheepskin and around the panel area to see of there are older bits!

Anyone care to have a go at identifying this? :D

It's not Hungarian...it's definately made in England! ;)

Anyone seen one before? The seat is natural sheepskin. The panels are felt.

It was £3 at a car-boot. Couldn't resist it! It sits on the wall in the workshop. :)

Hi there Kis,

Wow that's a cracker! Not seen anything like that for a while.

I will PM you.

Matt, heritage saddles.

newrider.com