Anyone doing BHS Exams?

heland

Sep 11, 2001
N. Yorks
Visit site
I've bought books and I'm having a couple of lessons a week.
My instructor said I should put in for Stage 1 now.

I feel too nervous.
Anybody out there done theirs yet?????

I haven't taken any yet but I am working towards them. Several people from my yard have taken Stage 1 and so far everyone has passed the care side but only 50% passed the riding. I don't think the riding is particularly hard i.e. in what they ask you to do but they seem to expect you to ride in a 'certain BHS' way. One girl from our yard is an excellent rider and yet she failed first time - she has since taken it again and passed. That made me feel that if she failed what chance have I got? Two more are teking their's next week - I'll let you know how they get on. Good luck if you do decide to take it!!!

Hi
Thanks for the advice.

I've decided that I'm going to take Stage 1 soon.

The only thing that I'm not sure about are feeds. As at my local riding stables the horses are all fed compound feed. I really need to know the difference between oats and barley etc.

Do you know where I could get any advice also I need to be able to identify them!!

:rolleyes:

Hi

Feeds are my big downfall too!! If you go to your local feed merchants they should be able to help you. Your yard will have haylage and hay and maybe oats to have a look at and identify. Otherthan that you'll have to make do with the library!! Good luck!

newrider.com