Anyone got a Masta Turnoutmasta 200 fixed neck rug

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
Is it any good? How do the measurements come up? Would the neck by likely to fit a big chucky boy, or are they designed for the more streamlined versions?

I've had masts before but never been massively happy with them to be honest. They never fit my boy that well and tended to slip back over his withers. He is well built IDxTB, not hugely chunky but not a skinny thing either. Other thing is they are quite heavy rugs, especially the winter ones. Bob kept getting soreness around his withers and shoulders and in the end we figured it was the rug getting wet and heavy and pressing down on him. I tried the Rambo/rhino rugs and I have to say they are a much better fit for him. Much lighter too. They are more expensive but if you hunt around on eBay you can get good deals on them. The material is really tough too, I've had 3 now for 2 years and there's not a mark on them.... And bob really does like to play :)

i've a few mastas, one being a 200 half neck i think (would have to check!). Mine is a chunky boy who doesn't fit in amigos, rambo, bucas or various other makes but the mastas have always come up well on him and never rub :) masta, fal and konabo are always my preferred buys for my cob :)

newrider.com