Anyone recommend any horse books..

ladyluxor

Apr 11, 2008
norfolk
I got "chosen by a horse" to read whilst i was in hospital an when i come home after haveing my baby (due to having a c section)

But i got to impatient and started it already.. n b4 i knew it i have almost finished it.

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend any other books.

Highly recommend Considering The Horse and Horses Never Lie by Mark Rashid and Be With Your Horse by Tom Widdicombe. All interesting, easy to read and very thought provoking. A bit more of a text book but Perfect Manners by Kelly Marks is a good read too if you're not familiar with it.

Hi!...Oh...we had a chat on another thread about books. SOme of us have read
'Led By The Grey'...really lovely novel, not sappy and good stuff on horse behaviour too!
www.ledbythegrey.com

Message me if you want any more info! Or look for the other thread on here.
Congrats on baby person!!!! :) Is it the first one ???
XX

I got "chosen by a horse" to read whilst i was in hospital an when i come home after haveing my baby (due to having a c section)

Dunno if you've had a baby before but my advice would be READ THEM ALL NOW!!! I didn't read anything other than the dose advice on a bottle of gripe water for about 8 months after my baby was born!

Echo Yann's recommendations: I love all Mark Rashid's books and they are set out as interesting anecdotes rather than chapters on 'how to...' so they are very easy to read. And often funny/moving etc.

:)

Yep, Mark Rashid books are great. Horse Boy is good too - although it does my head in that they don't wear helmets.

I am reading Be With Your Horse by Tom Widdiecome atm and it is a good read.

Blind Beauty, by K.M Peyton is a good book about a race horse and his groom. I think it's actually meant to be a childrens book, but it's a good story.

Non fiction, I found Perfect Confidence, by Kelly Marks very good. It helps with confidence issues, no matter how big or small. I'd really like to read her other books, Perfect Manners and Perfect Partners.

newrider.com