Anyone used an H girth?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Jess has a bit of a forward girth grove and a big shoulder, plus her swingy back is causing us problems and I've seen quite a few endurance type people raving about them so was wondering if it's worth a try?

Had to google that one :p it looks like a point strap that's 'forced' to stay a certain distance from the other strap. Might work on some horses, but I doubt it'd stop saddle from slipping forward as most saddles will do anything to get back 'in line' with the girth and shimmy their way up towards the neck if on rocketshaped Equine

Reactions: Jessey
For a forward girth groove I used the Dream Team C on a flat back low wither wide. Now have the W girth on my lass, flat low wither, bloody wide and a lot of swing.

Answering your question I haven't tried one, but if one came up I would just to compare.
Have you thought if the Foregirth? Not sure if that's more of a temporary solution.

Toying with lots of ideas at the moment, but rode today and she wasn't at all sore in her back after, the girth definitely sits forward of ideal, but not actually sure that's causing a problem, it hasn't in the last 18 months, but she has lost a lot of weight, so many questions flying round my head, wish it knew of a really good in dependant saddler locally who wasn't just looking to sell me a new saddle.

Tobes doesn't have a forward girth groove but has a swingy back.

Poohsmate maintains a lot of people don't actually have the saddle sat far enough back - am sure you do, but worth checking?

I am currently riding with a prolite pad under saddle and thin numnah. Tobes is definite that he prefers this saddle to any other by standing stock still and not to-ing and fro-ing when I am tacking up. It does rub the back, but seems to be sat firmly behind when I am riding. Don't really understand it!!!

I could happily let you have Poohsmates contact details, he is back from South Africa now and am sure would come and see you? He doesn't sell saddles, so you don't have to worry he is going to ram one make down your neck.

Thanks guys, I rode with a prolite at the weekend and she was 100% not sore! and no signs of a rub but we only did about 6 miles.

I checked my saddle position before and after riding and it was a hands width back from her shoulder, but perhaps that isn't enough for her, if I could get poohsmates contact details that would be great, I'm not sure which way to turn now so think a recommended pro would be a good place to start.

You can PM him on here. Go the members page and type him in in the search box and you can pm from there.....

I just found him, I hope it's him :p I did have his mob no. But that was a good few years ago so it's probably wrong now.

He IS here! He commented this afternoon on the "How much do you pay for your saddler?" thread....

Have you had a physio person out?
Just wondering if its not your saddle per se, but how your horse is using themselves?
I had the physio out today as I noted a couple of things. How she moves effects my saddle fit which effects how I can ride etc etc.
The physio was really pleased by horse loose her back was. :)

Not a physio, but a McTimoney therapist, Equine Body Worker and an Osteo/Naturopath, several times and although I see improvements they are not long lived. Poosmate is going to hopefully come and work it out for me :)

Reactions: poohsmate
newrider.com