Arc equine unit

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
does anyone have one? What are your thoughts on them? Looking at getting one to aid the scar tissue on Toby's annular ligament damage. Ta :)

Yes we had one in France. We got it for one of the showjumpers for ongoing hock issues and also used it if a horse was looking a little stiff or sore. Always hard to know with these things if they're making a lot of difference or not. But my boss also used it on herself as she has ligament problems in her knee and she reckons it did some good.

I've looked at them, I recently found out my vets have units the rent out so might be worth asking your vet if they do :)

I have a heat pad. Is this similar but for legs?

No, the Arc Equine is a little machine that produces electrical micro-current to stimulate cells. Nifty little thing, you put little wraps onto the leg and plug the box in. They can walk around with it on and it doesn't restrict movement.

ETA I realise I need to find some synonyms for "little" :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
I completed a survey in last months Your Horse with regard to one of these arc equine machines. One lucky entrant will win one. I was wondering about Storm's damaged tendon and if it would help the scar tissue etc.

There are a few people local to me rent them but I could use it on two horses and us humans so think I'll bite the bullet and buy one! Joosie, interesting you mention stiffness as that's why I want it for kezzie.

www.arcequine.com has more info on them

Just to update this.... I bit the bullet and purchased one at Blair. Kez is still in the "loading" period (3hr treatment once a day for 6 weeks) but I'm positive it's made an improvement! He didn't have it on the last few days due to wet, muddy legs and is a little more stiff than his new "normal". Certainly not disappointed in my purchase!

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Just to update this.... I bit the bullet and purchased one at Blair. Kez is still in the "loading" period (3hr treatment once a day for 6 weeks) but I'm positive it's made an improvement! He didn't have it on the last few days due to wet, muddy legs and is a little more stiff than his new "normal". Certainly not disappointed in my purchase!

Brilliant!
I was considering one for Storm earlier this year, but opted for nutraquin plus instead. I was thinking it would be a good combo for her stiffness and tendon recovery. Please keep us posted on your progress when you get chance.

newrider.com