Bareback hack :)

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Took Belle out this morning bareback, well bareback pad but same difference. It’s been almost two years since I’ve ridden bare back as I only used to do it in the school and for some reason this morning I thought why not.
She’s such a sweetheart and despite my initial ‘oh this feels weird’ we had a lovely hack, even managed a bit of rising trot, my inner thighs were burning by the time we came back to walk but it was so much fun, I just gave her a huge pony cuddle for being such a poppet and went back to the yard with a big silly grin on my face. Didn’t dare try a grass verge canter though, canter is fine, coming back to trot isn’t!
Funny isn’t it how sometimes just the simplest things bring so much joy.

So true. Because I've only been allowed to walk Raf the last couple of week I've been using my bareback pad a lot and I can't tell you how much I love it. I always feel super chilled and happy after a bareback pad hack, and I feel as if Raf is too ... which is probably ridiculous, I expect it's just my sense of wellbeing making everything look rosy :p

Took Belle out this morning bareback, well bareback pad but same difference. It’s been almost two years since I’ve ridden bare back as I only used to do it in the school and for some reason this morning I thought why not.
She’s such a sweetheart and despite my initial ‘oh this feels weird’ we had a lovely hack, even managed a bit of rising trot, my inner thighs were burning by the time we came back to walk but it was so much fun, I just gave her a huge pony cuddle for being such a poppet and went back to the yard with a big silly grin on my face. Didn’t dare try a grass verge canter though, canter is fine, coming back to trot isn’t!

Wow you and Belle are ace!!!!! Fancy hacking without saddle, go you! Sounds like it's made you happy - how lovely . She sounds like a real sweetie:D

Reactions: joellie
Miss riding Ale bareback, he's the comfiest horse I've ever sat on. I'd never be brave enough to hack bareback though. Also struggle with coming back to trot haha

We’re really aren’t Trewsers, she’s just a good horse whom I totally trust.
Therein lies our problem. I haven't quite got there with mine yet.
If she decided to do a dumb dumb, I could get a numb bum.
How far did you go, the route I thought of is three miles. I have the comfort plus pad and it's so comfortable. She bites if you don't use it, not that's she's opinionated or anything.:D

Therein lies our problem. I haven't quite got there with mine yet.
If she decided to do a dumb dumb, I could get a numb bum.
How far did you go, the route I thought of is three miles. I have the comfort plus pad and it's so comfortable. She bites if you don't use it, not that's she's opinionated or anything.:D
We only did three miles or so as I was a bit pushed for time this morning.
I wouldn’t do it on any other horse and I definitely wouldn’t have done it if she was in a mood, I can tell when I get to the yard if she’s in one of those!
Mine is the best friend pad, I love it, she loves it, I’d fall off if I rode her without it, she’s far to round and slippery.
Agree @Jessey nothing beats bare back in the winter.

Mine gets those grumps. Today I called her and she looked up and the ears went back- 'get stuffed expression'
In season.

Totally bare for me means a wet bum in winter. She's not that happy and she's actually not as comfortable as she looks- probably because she's not that happy. The armchair ride comes with an eject button.

We only did three miles or so as I was a bit pushed for time this morning.
I wouldn’t do it on any other horse and I definitely wouldn’t have done it if she was in a mood, I can tell when I get to the yard if she’s in one of those!
Mine is the best friend pad, I love it, she loves it, I’d fall off if I rode her without it, she’s far to round and slippery.
Agree @Jessey nothing beats bare back in the winter.

Lol isn't it funny how we get to know their moods?!!!:p

Lol isn't it funny how we get to know their moods?!!!:p

I guess that's what comes of having them around for so long and spending as much time with them as we do, I can't even put my finger on whats different with her when she's in one of those, I just 'know'.

Reactions: Trewsers
I guess that's what comes of having them around for so long and spending as much time with them as we do, I can't even put my finger on whats different with her when she's in one of those, I just 'know'.

I'll never forget when we first got J - a lady on the yard we were on told us that we'd get to know what mood he was in and would be able to tell by his face, at the time I wasn't sure as neither of us had ever owned before and experienced getting so close to them. Years later now I know!:D

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I could pop it on my one day list. It will be just one of those happens days no planning.
Did that when hacked out bitless, same route. Had to do it though just for the fun of it.

Hope you had the sun and lovely views.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com