Barefoot New Model- Meryln

The short flap, E bar and lower cantle on this model are a nice touch. Definitely one of the nicer looking barefoot saddles as well.

Yes I thought it looked niicer than I have seen.
Allowing the movement of the stirrup plate has been a slow change but a good one. Its only when you can that you realise you needed to. :D
Its simple, sit in the deepest part of the saddle and move the leathers to sit where your leg need them to.

My only slight surprise is how expensive these are becoming! Maybe I am a tight arse but unless you are familiar with the brand you might not dip that much into your pocket? :oops:

@newforest I actually thought the same thing when I seen over £800 on the western saddler site. I hadn't realised how much the price of these had gone up. It moves then out that decent starter saddle range they used to sit nicely in for me.

Agree with the stirrup plate. Much better to have some play room with it.

I wonder what the starter price range is for people these days?
The cheyenne still is the entry level. They all look to have the movable plate, so that tells you how old models are. But it's a closed ring I think?

I borrowed a Freeform off an agent before I ordered mine. I don't think they offer any trials- unless BS in the uk does. These do not hold their price. Saying that I got £50 for the just the seat. :D
My replacement came from the states though. :eek: It was ouch!

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
Ghost are cheaper than some of the barefoot now.

The drytex would fall into good starter I suppose.

Oh god yes. That sky riding site has the freeform and ouch at just a replacement new seat!

I told my bottom it would like it.
I do, but disappointed the brown has already faded!
I want sure if I could feed and it would colour it but not risking my new jodphurs.

My friend in Denmark dyed her sensation with a leather dye kit. Came out great and still looks like new. She went from a light tan brown to a lovely deep red brown. Perhaps dye it black? Getting the right kit Is key I think.

My friend in Denmark dyed her sensation with a leather dye kit. Came out great and still looks like new. She went from a light tan brown to a lovely deep red brown. Perhaps dye it black? Getting the right kit Is key I think.
Deep red brown would look nice.
I can see the thread now though. How I ruined my saddle. :)

newrider.com