Because I love my horse so much, I .....

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
saved my apple from my lunch, and ate it at 5pm and drove straight to the field to feed him the apple core over the fence, even though I'm not on feeding duty tonight as I did the morning checks.
Perfect end to a crappy Monday, although I'm sure Flipo would have preferred I give him the entire apple.

What little special things do you do for yours?!

Last edited:
Always save vegetable peelings for him.

Have very crappy and ancient work clothes, so that Toby Toes can have lovely new plushy rugs.

Get the vet out to do his teeth, when actually my own need doing, though I can't afford both of it.

Have the most expensive farrier in the whole world possibly, because having had an avereage one on another horse who I had to have put down due to feet issues, I would never do that again.

Am mucking out fellow liveries horse and doing all jobs for the entire weekend because Mr T actually likes her (miracle of miracles as there aren't many he likes!), and she gets him in during the week.

The list goes on and on really!!!

Arr thats lovely Flippo's mum, and Flippo is worth horrible Mondays:smile:

As you probably know, Evie has been very ill and I have just taken a ridiculous job to pay the vet bill. ATM I am sweeping a Factory floor, working for an immigrant boss (he will have to go some to outwit or out work me). I don't care at all, even though I am way over qualified, not to mention being able to trace my family tree back to somewhere in the 1300 and am possibly going to have to dump art college.

IMO my horse is worth it.....Or at least I will have tried :). Everyone seems a bit Mondayish atm

Last edited:
I change brands of apple so its a change for her.
I walk 6 miles every Sunday, people think that's mad, but six years of that I have got used to it. Too shattered to ride though! :giggle:

Always save vegetable peelings for him.

Have very crappy and ancient work clothes, so that Toby Toes can have lovely new plushy rugs.

Get the vet out to do his teeth, when actually my own need doing, though I can't afford both of it.

Have the most expensive farrier in the whole world possibly, because having had an avereage one on another horse who I had to have put down due to feet issues, I would never do that again.

Am mucking out fellow liveries horse and doing all jobs for the entire weekend because Mr T actually likes her (miracle of miracles as there aren't many he likes!), and she gets him in during the week.The list goes on and on really!!!

I love the bit about the teeth. My husband has one falling out (we might get the pliers :giggle: I will have to do it :rolleyes: ) on top of that he needs a new plate. He was bleating on the other night. I told him to get some poly grip:frown: Oh dear what are we like!

Walked through flood water that was past my knees to get to him the other morning!

I might be over posting:unsure:

A few years back my husband gave me an ultimatum.....or so he thought. Him and the house, or the horses, well, the house is half mine, the horses are mine.

I was so desperate not to loose my horses, I asked a farmer friend if I could move onto her land, with a caravan so as not to loose the girls. She said yes.

Needless to say it called his bluff.....Make friends, and know your enemies:smile:

Love, but trust knowone x

I stood in a open field, which is rarely grazed, freezing my boots off so sox could eat the lovely grass for 20 mins.

Yes I have done in hand grazing to relieve box rest boredom. I used to have my flask and MP3 player going and an umbrella stuffed in the hedges for some protection.

Lots of people at work bring in apples/oranges to eat on there lunch, but never end up eating them, so everyone always brings them to me for the horses :smug: So I stuff them in my hand bag and the horses all get a quarter each in there dinner.
One day I got 3 apples and 2 oranges from all different people LOL! :giggle:

I haven't been to the dentist in years, have had half a tooth for 8 months with no intention of getting it fixed.....Horses get there yearly apt without even thinking LOL! :giggle::giggle:

I love spoiling Buffy with lovely warm rugs, she got 2 medium weights in the Xmas sale....where as I have had the same work trousers for 2 years now....:redface:

The list could go on.....LOL! :redcarded:

I lost my 2 false teeth twice amd went a good few months without them(2 fronts) as i much preferred spending the £600 to have them put back in both times on my horse.the first time i was living with my then partner who needless to say was ill impressed at me without my 2 front teeth(would love to say i was bothered but hey,id be lying!) Never bothered me in the slightest not having them amd my vet came to do mystiques teeth and was howling at the fact i had 2 missing but my baby girl was having the works!well really i couldnt have it any other way!!
On a general note i go without alot as would rather have my horse,my hair is hacked off once a year then grown then hacked off again,i wouldnt dream of paying anyone £30 to give me a pedicure or god forbid spend as much on my bedding as i do nealas,but she is happy and i am happy :)

Because I love my girls I came to live in a small hovel with no central heating and a leaking roof. Also knew the neighbour from hell was next door - but it also came with 13 acres and a wood so it was a no brainer!!!!

Crikey just reading about all these teeth! lol and I thought I had it bad cos OH says we can't afford for me to have mine straightened!! We did manage to afford to have them whitened - so least mine are white tho still wonky!!!

Lots of people at work bring in apples/oranges to eat on there lunch, but never end up eating them, so everyone always brings them to me for the horses :smug: So I stuff them in my hand bag and the horses all get a quarter each in there dinner.

Do horses eat oranges?? I never knew that!

When we moved to bucks my horse bill doubled overnight and I do mean doubled but they are so happy I would pay double again if I had to.

So you can guess what I have given up....life:giggle:

newrider.com