Been offered a Lory...

Jessica23

Sep 3, 2007
Gloucestershire
www.wildbriars.co.uk
I am currently waiting for a black capped lory to hatch but yesterday i got a phonecall from a lady in the lory society who has been asked to take a bird as he is too noisy and not getting enough attention... she asked if i would like him :eek:

I have told her to let him go to the man who is letting me have one of his black capped babies as we are not sure how tame it is. They are pretty rare over here, so if it is not suitable as a tame pet then i said the breeder should make up a pair and breed it in his aviaries, but if it is too tame for that it will be coming to me :D

So... Watch this space!! Here's a pic from google of a yellow backed chattering lory (the species i've been asked to take), beautiful aren't they?

wpt0808m_medium.JPG

My animals are my life! :D

Im very lucky to have a rather understanding BF who fits in around them, but living on my own helps as i dont have OH and kids to worry about :D

I have 4 dogs, 1 elderly cat and a pair of cockatiels living in my house. The cat mostly does his own thing, the cockatiels are too loved up to notice me so its really just the dogs i have to worry about. They have a morning walk (all together, thankfully 3 of them are tiny people lol!) and in the evenings they all come to help me feed the horses so they get a good run!

newrider.com