Belle jumping on the lunge little video

Clava

Apr 24, 2008
On the South Downs, Hampshire
Hi, Just a quick update, as I've hurt my back I thought I'd lunge Belle over a jump and here is the video. The first jump I didn't realise Woody was so close!:eek:....he then wondered off and knocked the camera off it's stand:rolleyes:

I'm sure I'm doing lots wrong so feel free to tell me, but she jumped nice and calmly (the jump is 3' at its highest).

Pidham
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks good to me :D she looks like she's enjoying it too.

I love how woody is standing there like a spectator or something haha.

She looks lovely over the fences, that placing pole really seems to work.

The only thing I've always been told, and I know a lot of people don't agree with doing, is to run on with the horse slightly once they land so they don't get into the habit of turning straight after the fence. But I know a lot of people that say you don't need to do that, its just personal preferance I think.

Love Woody just standing there watching :p

She looks lovely over the fences, that placing pole really seems to work.

The only thing I've always been told, and I know a lot of people don't agree with doing, is to run on with the horse slightly once they land so they don't get into the habit of turning straight after the fence. But I know a lot of people that say you don't need to do that, its just personal preferance I think.

Love Woody just standing there watching :p

Actually I did try to let her run straight a little, but I'm still a bit stiff myself for running:eek:

She looks great :cool: Are you planning on clambering on & having a go? ;)

I put my back out this week so haven't ridden her for a bit, but it feels much better now so yes I'll have a go! (but I may take the jumps down a peg or two:D)

Hey clava you could do that tomorrow when you have a photographer ready and willing ;)

Could do....maybe...how's your first aid training by the way???:p

I think so too, spot on! (2.7m if anyone is interested:)), they really make her look what she is doing. Now I just need to sabotage DH's work in Pompey to get him to come down again to sort it out:D

This can be arranged ;)

Belle's looking great.....I vote you dose yourself up with deep heat and get your bum up there!

Dare ya ;)

I'm sure I'm doing lots wrong so feel free to tell me, but she jumped nice and calmly (the jump is 3' at its highest).
Go Belle :D:D:D

Just one tiny little point. Always use a guide pole resting from top of wing to ground at 45 degree angle to jump to allow the lunge line to slide up it. This prevents the line getting tangled in the jump which can and does happen.

Next stage is to make the jump a true oxer (front rail same height as back rail), put a bit more spread on it (same width as height) and just to really get that ping over it you can place a pole diagonally on top from one side of front pole to oposite side of back pole.

newrider.com