Best Laid Plans :)

Skippys Mum

Nov 25, 2007
Scotland
Well, I had big plans to do something exciting with Arnie today so I had something good to post about. Unfortunately my jeep picked today to die on me - cue visit from Mr AA man who managed to get it going enough to get me home - so tonight, instead of going somewhere exciting, I got an hours hack round the block (Arnold was a pain in the ass tonight just to add insult to injury) then I got to stand doing my mechanics assistant and handing over spanners and "things" to my hubby while he changed the fan belts:D.

And here was me thinking all you needed to fix that was an old pair of tights;).

Okay, thats my random, trying to get things going post for the evening - over to the rest of you:D

My car died on me today - I booked it in for a routine service and it turns out amongst many other things wrong with it my head gasket has gone - NOT a good thing :(:(:(

I think I'm looking at a repair bill of quite a few hundred pounds, but without my car I'm stuck and can't get to see Mimi - she's about 25 miles away :eek:

Bl**dy cars, they're brilliant when they're running but a pain in the *ss when they're not :mad:

My car died on me today - I booked it in for a routine service and it turns out amongst many other things wrong with it my head gasket has gone - NOT a good thing :(:(:(

I think I'm looking at a repair bill of quite a few hundred pounds, but without my car I'm stuck and can't get to see Mimi - she's about 25 miles away :eek:

Bl**dy cars, they're brilliant when they're running but a pain in the *ss when they're not :mad:

Blimey, 25 miles away?? How do you manage that every day, or is she on part livery?

Our horse is about 25 miles away from us - we go out to feed once a day. It's high on the gas, but worth it for a place that gives us 24/7 turnout (not easy to find in this area). Then again, 25 miles doesn't seem like nearly as much to us as it does to you lot...as things are so spread out here anyway!

Anyway...both of our cars are broken. They BOTH broke down on the same day...go figure. We're using my mom's at the moment... :rolleyes:

Blimey, 25 miles away?? How do you manage that every day, or is she on part livery?

She's on grass livery - I 'do' her (not sure that's the right term :D:D) Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and my YO feeds and checks her the other days when I can't get down! The arrangement does work luckily, there's not many yards in London where I live :eek:

Then again, 25 miles doesn't seem like nearly as much to us as it does to you lot...as things are so spread out here anyway!

I'm originally from Jersey (Channel Islands) which is 9 miles X 4 miles, so when I moved to the mainland anything that was longer than a 10 minute drive drove me bonkers!!! Much better now, several years later, but still can't get to grips with the nearest beach being 45 mins drive away :eek::eek:

She's on grass livery - I 'do' her (not sure that's the right term :D:D) Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and my YO feeds and checks her the other days when I can't get down! The arrangement does work luckily, there's not many yards in London where I live :eek:

That sounds good. And don't worry, I "do" mine too!! :D

Good God, I've got a 10 minute drive to the nearest corner shop! I'm about 5 miles from anywhere so I learned quickly not to forget milk (or fags in the bad old days;)).

newrider.com