Best saddle pad?

jsr

Dec 6, 2004
Visit site
I've just changed from treeless to a Thorowgood T4 Cob and we're both extreamly happy with it so far. The only thing I need to find now is a good quality saddle pad. I've got a couple of lambswool pads but they are too warm for this time of year so at the moment I'm riding in a bog standard quilt pad. I'd like something with not too much thickness (I have a polypad) but is easy to clean and gives his good protection on his back, also I like things that are abit unusual so don't mind a bit of colour. Can anyone recommend anything? Thanks

Sheepskin is the best, they are cool in the summer and warm in the winter, and it soaks away sweat, which is why it is used a lot in endurance riding where horses really do get hot:)

i like anky saddle pads, they wash really well, keep their shape, dont move etc come in either straight or forward cut jumping style ones (but still a full saddle pad if you get what i mean)

if you email/ring this site they stock them but dont seem to have them on the website at the moment :)

I like sheepskin too and have never had a problem with them in the warm weather. If anything 'normal' saddle pads cause more sweating than the sheepskin.

I've got Bartle, Stephens and LeMieux and would recommend all of them :)

newrider.com