Best Western Saddles - and What about treeless Western?

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
Opinions please. We are treeless at present, but feel a real urge to go Western!!!

Which saddles are the best - Circle Y, Bob Marshall .............?

Last edited:
I've had a Hilason (Bob Marshall copy) Barefoot Arizona and 2 Startrekk Westerns (shorty and standard).
I've also had/got 2 Torsion Close Contact saddles than can have fenders on them to be more westerny.

I prefer the Startrekks, they feel more like a western saddle.
As they have panels I use either a Reinsman Tacky Too pad or a thinner felt non slip western pad.

I LOOVVVE my Circle Y flex its not as heavy as my other one and the stirrups are easy to adjust, The 3 way girthing system is handy as well.:smoke:

i'm the same. i've bought a torsion for 'the time being'!!! but i have a savings fund (£50 at the mo ;)) for a western in the future. i adore them. i would really, really like a parelli one, they are just stunning, but probably a touch out of my price league. saying that, a good western saddle regardless of the brand *should* cost a lot of money anyway. i dont know what i'll do when i eventually save the money - guess i'll have to fork out a fortune to get a far-flung fitter out. i think my closest one is cumbria (NOT close!!!).

i do like some of the treeless ones - esp the freemax westerns (heard very good reports btw), but think i'm going to do it properly eventually so want a treed one.

eta: Wow saddles do a really nice one now too...

newrider.com