BHS Progressive Riding Tests OR ABRS Rider Tests

Bertie

Nov 6, 2003
South Manchester, UK
Visit site
Which are better??? I've read if you complete all 6 of the BHS progressive tests and your riding and road safety you can automatically progress to stage 2.

Can you take the BHS one's at your local riding school if it\s BHS approved, like the ABRS ones???

I've e-mailed both insitutions to gain more information but was wondering if anyone on here haad any experience in them.

Have run the BHS ones but I still recommend sitting Stage 1 as experience as otherwise Stage 2 seems daunting. They are fine and a good way to make sure clients progress within the school but not sure of their merits as a challenge for riders. We actually kept our own set for children/teenagers based on the old BHS level 1-12 as we thought they were better than the new junior ones.

The ABRS ones also can be used as an exemption in their various exams and I must admit I like the idea that they seperate out stable management from riding and give flatwork options at higher levels to those unable to jump. Never done or taught for them but they look good on paper

newrider.com