boots for working hunter

M

mu0ljk

Hi,
I am wanting to do some working hunter with Otto and also want to start entering slightly bigger classes - 2ft6" - 2ft9".

Should I get him any boots to wear if I'm planning on bigger classes? And what type?

Also, does it matter for working hunter if they are leather or neoprene and black or white? He's a coloured with white legs and his tack is black (I know, I know it should be brown... :p )

Thanking you! :)

On clean white legs, white boots would be better as long as they aren't blindingly white.

Neoprene, velcro brushing boots are just fine, and easier to take off before the ridden phase than leather.

If you don't normally use boots for jumping bigger fences, I wouldn't bother tbh.

for the bigger classes i personally would, i don't think it matters what type they are as long they are black, brown or white. i personally would go for black because your tack is black and white are usually used for dressage training, you are not allowed them for the showing part and so that is th only bit of tack you are allowed to change.

Would a pair of tendon boots be sufficient do you think?

I'm not well versed on boots I have to admit - it's more a case that I feel ready to do the bigger jumps and I know Otto is more then ready now and so i would like to give Otto some protection too?

newrider.com