boxing off for a hack

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
**insert big GRIN, right here**

So yesterday a friend suggested I trailered Brook over to hers for a hack, another new experience for her!

She is absolutely thriving on the 1:1 attention and being my only focus and it’s helping me not to feel so guilty about it as I can see it’s the right thing all round. (my rider is getting on great with Briea too). I actually had to pinch myself.... 4 years old; walked straight into the trailer, travels on her own quiet as a mouse, walks out the other end somewhere completely new and doesn’t bad an eyelid. Doesn’t get fussed about the strange horses hooning about. Ties up quietly while we chat and faff. Stood like a rock for me to get on while I attempted to wrestle my friend’s set of folding steps she uses as a mounting block. Actually led the way a lot of the time on our hack with a lovely marching forward walk and little pricked ears. Didn’t spook at the screaming kids chucking a ball about (her older hacking partner did lol) , didn’t spook at the tractor mower that got started up right by us ( “” ditto lol), didn’t spook at the galloping cows (“” ditto again!!). Came back and she stood all on her own in a stable while we went in to drink tea! Hopped back on the trailer again to go home, no fuss, no drama.

I am SO proud of her. All of these little things add up to so much and make life so much easier. Her spookiness is so vastly improved, all she spooked at were white lines on the road.

sorry for the gushing and lack of pics!

eta grin not grim lol

Last edited:
yes you’re right, im def getting more pleasure from focusing on one and seeing how well briea is dong with more work is great too, they are off for a lesson together this week :)

I think she did :) She isn’t always the most ‘smiley’ of ponies if you know what I mean? So seeing her out up front, ears pricked and even thinking she might have a little jigjog was wonderful. :D

newrider.com