Boxing to my first off road hack on Melody

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
On Thursday with Sophie and Savvy for company. We are going to a local wood with lots of off road tracks and a few low jumps for Savvy to have a go on. Those who know me know this is a big thing for me. I have only done a couple of inhand shows and two very nervous ridden shows and once we boxed up to use a local indoor arena.

Well for the first time I am hacking Melody off the farm somewhere new. in preparation for an evening pleasure ride on Satuday evening at the.... Blankney Estate in Lincolnshire. Scared and excited at the same time.

Reactions: GaryB and Trewsers
Failure...got there safely.....wish was a plus better than my last attempt got her tacked up.... but forgot it was holidays there were bikes, lawn mower children running around on the park .....cycles, prams......... I just had a panic attack and couldn't even get on her...... :( felt stupid...... but we got there and back in one piece which was great. and i got to the stage of tacking her up too so next time pick a quieter non school holidays time to go to the woods....:D

But on the plus side.... My friends tagged me in a intro to pleasure rides walk only ride for beginners with a natural horsemanship ride leader...... and school to warm up in before a 2 1/2 mile walk only ride :) So me and a friend booked a place to go...so not all bad

That pleasure ride sounds perfect!
Don't look on your other trip as a failure, you loaded and unloaded safely, no traumas getting there or back, and I assume Melody travelled well and wasn't stressed? If so another positive there too xx

Awk don't think of it as a failure as @Star the Fell said you got there and back with no traumas. The other ride sounds perfect, go and enjoy it and as its all in walk you won't feel any pressure so just relax and enjoy it ;)

I am doing the other ride I have a friend here going to go with me too. she mature rider like me and needs some confidence too... so it will be perfect for both of us....

Reactions: joellie
What a shame. That pleasure ride sounds ideal. No point putting yourself under pressure by forcing it when it doesn't feel right - sounds like there was a lot going on!

Reactions: Native Lover
newrider.com