Bridle advice for Dales pony

Pencilbeckett

Mar 12, 2009
Staffordshire
Hi All

I have a Dales pony he is currently in a flat hunter type cheap bridle. The style suits his long face nicely. Anyway he is prone to spooking and i have noticed him crossing his jaw when schooling and he also puts his head down opens his mouth wide and trys to evade the bit. I would like to try a flash but Im not sure the padded bridles with alot of stiching on the noseband would suit him and i really dont like the extra bits of leather you can buy to attatch your own flash. Does anyone know of a suitable bridle for a native/cob type horse with a flash.

Thanks Jenni :wub:

Hi All

I have a Dales pony he is currently in a flat hunter type cheap bridle. The style suits his long face nicely. Anyway he is prone to spooking and i have noticed him crossing his jaw when schooling and he also puts his head down opens his mouth wide and trys to evade the bit. I would like to try a flash but Im not sure the padded bridles with alot of stiching on the noseband would suit him and i really dont like the extra bits of leather you can buy to attatch your own flash. Does anyone know of a suitable bridle for a native/cob type horse with a flash.

Thanks Jenni :wub:
I have a Dales pony and just got her a Da Vinci Raised Comfort Dressage Bridle/Flash from Horse.com for $35.83. No reins or bit of course, and made in India. But the leather is pretty nice. I had a 5-1/2 French Link Bit I put on. It's Cob size and the caveson is on the last hole but the rest of the bridle fits well.

newrider.com