brilliant bitless

loujomiles@yaho

yogi bear
Oct 9, 2007
shropshire
Just thought I would let you know how I got on with my bitless bridle. Well before Lally was a nightmare, spinning, bucking, throwing her head, locking her jaw doing all the things a naughty horse will do.
Now, she is a dream.
She took to the Dr Cook's like a duck to water and is brilliant. She is really easy now. Just goes on when you want, stops when you want and seems to be a lot calmer.
As a typical mare, and an arab at that, she is spooky but when before she would just lose it and go absolutely bonkers, with the bitless it seems she is listening to me now rather than fighting. All I can say is she is a different, but still great fun, little horse now who is so much happier. My friend who rides hunters said she thought i was 'brave' to go bitless having seen Lally in action, but even she was impressed. What can I say???:):D:D:eek::p:p

excellent- one of mine has a parrot mouth and is very sensitive in his mouth so i am considering going bitless with him to see how he goes.

I must admit I was sceptical but it was worth it. So give it a go. Lally loves it. Instead of a battle to get the bridle on she puts her head out for it, and seems to thoroughly enjoy her time out. I have her on loan and I do think it has helped us to bond - if you know what I mean!!!!:p

newrider.com