Calling all Suffolk people!

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
With any luck (and I am praying for it) I will be moving to to Suffolk at the beginning of August, not too far from Hadleigh.

Where is the best place to buy hay/straw? And how much are you guys paying for it at the moment?

I live about 5 mins from Hadleigh and to be honest the hay/straw yield this year is terrible. You r best buying large round bales if you can store them. Small bales of hay are averaging £5-£6 a bale and i normally get my from Beccles, near Lowestoft or if someone is advertising then i get it near Ipswich. I don't tend to use straw but there is a place called choices that does it at £2 a bales or another one in Swilland at £1.50 a bale.

Thanks guys!

Innocence - whereabouts are you? We'll be in Elmsett (keeping everything crossed that nothing goes wrong in the next few weeks!)

ooooh how exciting!!!!

.....it's been such a rollercoaster over the last few months, we should only be a few weeks away from exchanging contracts so I've got to start investigating removal costs etc as you can't always book these things last minute but desperately hoping that I'm not jinxing it!

I'm sure you will be fine! Good luck with the move and if you need any help on where to shop for horsey stuff then give me a shout! :happy:

Will do! ....won't tell the OH that I already have someone lined up to show me the horsey shopping hot spots! ;)

newrider.com