Carrying a mobile phone?

Jackblack

Sep 4, 2008
I always seem to have a problem when i go out on a hack when i want to carry my phone, i always wear my bp so i dont have anywhere to put it and i dont like the stringy things that hang from your neck, it needs to be accessed easily so does anyone know of any way i can carry one saftely.

i always ride in jeans, so have pockets, or if im on a long hack or hunting i have a little bagthingy that ties on to my saddle..... wheres the pics of your new neds by the way.?

can't you get some jods with pockets. mine have got a money pocket on the inside of it. but i don't need money and i don't bother with my phone since i only have lessons

its probably better to keep your phone on you, rather than attached to the d-ring of the saddle, just in case you and the horse get separated. The arm / leg band is probably best, but depending on the make of your BP, it might have a D-ring of its own, to which you could fix a phone carrier.

My joddies have a zipped pocket so I keep mine in there, alternative my tabard has got a little velcro pocket at the front which is very useful.

I did buy one of those velcro things to attach round the arm/leg but found it really annoying for some reason :eek::eek:

I always wear my body protector riding, and since it has to sit as near as the body as poss, i wear my coat over the top and just put it in my coat pocket

I usually have a jacket on so shove it in the pocket, I've got a neoprene arm band holder but I have to use it on my leg as I'm so skinny!!

i wear a fleecy body warmer over the bp,, with zip up pockets,,,protects bp from thorns and mud etc, and carrys all of lifes essentials in pockets...
:p:p

jodhpur pocket or coat pocket

PLEASE never have your phone attached to your horse/saddle etc - today we had a girl fall off out hacking and her pony ran off down a v busy road so obv we needed to call for help - if phone had been attached to said pony we would have been stuck! Fortunately mine was in my pocket (not that it helped much as barns was going so nuts i couldnt get it out as idve dropped it!) but atleast i had it still!

I wear a bum bag (an old fashioned thing that goes round the waist!!) Ive got used to it now and it carries all the essentials from mobile phone, baler twine, cheek piece, hoof pick, small medical pack, polos...... Get the idea?!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have bum bag too, even just on the yard, handy to keep hoof pick, polos, car keys, mobile (have to have my ciggies with me too)
Even in winter I end up leaving my jacket somewhere when I get warm and take it off.

I second, third or fourth the armband. Mine is always attached that way, even if schooling in the menage or mucking out. My phone also has a strap that I loop round my wrist if I have to take a call while out riding. Stops me dropping it if my horse were to do something daft.

I find those arm things wobble about and get on my nerves. I ride in long boots and my phone gets stuff in the top! Never lost it yet and is easy to reach...

.. although would probably bloody hurt if you fell off on it! but then that's true for anything in your pockets i suppose!
x

newrider.com