cats - which would you choose??

i would NEVER buy from a breeder, as theres too many cats with a history and a reason for you to take them in from the rescue centre. i don't think it's really fair, just vanity.

Aww that's a bit unfair :(. The same could be argued that people should only adopt neds from the RSPCA/horse charities.
Sure lots of them aren't fit for purpose anymore, but there's plenty who are still young, capable riding horses. And not all of them have issues, so there's something for everyone :).

im biased when it comes to birmans...after years and years of showing maine coons before the class splits came in to practice, the sheer amount of birmans was very off-putting...esp as they always beat the maine coons...but its ok now we have split classes...but they always put the birmans oppsite the maine coons ;)

birmans being the sacred cat that they are are very demanding and think they are above the rest ;) typical cats.

we had just about made our mind up, decided we liked the Maine Coon temperament etc. and so many people had good things to say about them so we should get one of them.

then we saw fluffy_betty's post.

now we can't decide, AGAIN.:rolleyes: this is waaaaaay to hard:p:D

anyway, im going to ask dad to get 2 cats. one birman/maine coon as we really want one as they seem to have great personality's - just what we want. i dont really expect dad to get 2 birmans/maine coons (or preferably one of each;)) as they are quite expensive, and probably more expensive to insure. so will ask him to look to get a moggie or rescue kitten so they can keep each other company, and hopefully help them not to stray as far (as Oscar seemed to go off more when we lost sweep)

oh and found some pics of him with his (tatty) cow

animals726.jpg

animals723.jpg

we had just about made our mind up, decided we liked the Maine Coon temperament etc. and so many people had good things to say about them so we should get one of them.

then we saw fluffy_betty's post.

now we can't decide, AGAIN.:rolleyes: this is waaaaaay to hard:p:D

anyway, im going to ask dad to get 2 cats. one birman/maine coon as we really want one as they seem to have great personality's - just what we want. i dont really expect dad to get 2 birmans/maine coons (or preferably one of each;)) as they are quite expensive, and probably more expensive to insure. so will ask him to look to get a moggie or rescue kitten so they can keep each other company, and hopefully help them not to stray as far (as Oscar seemed to go off more when we lost sweep)

I think you have managed to satisfy both sides of the argument there, lol.

Oscar is so cute with his cow, bless him. You never know he might turn up one day.

I hope Oscar does come back eventually he is gorgeous! My brothers moggie came back after 2 years!!!:)

Birman and a Maine coon are are great pair, I had that mix together with a little home bred tabby moggy. They were fantastic (the moggy was the standoffish one!).

The Birman would wrap herself around my neck whenever I vacced up! Killed my back! ha ha. She was also a cleptomaniac stashing stolen stuff under the bed in a neat pile, got in the bath with me regularly and was generally mental and quirky. The maine coon (my baby) I've already raved about. They both got on great and played well together. I would love another Birman but not sure I can face looking at another beautiful face that looks so much like my gorgeous departed Tasha.

Hope you get the kitties you want and Oscar turns up too!!!! That would be nice! :D x

Ah, your cat also has a toy almost as big as themselves ;)! My Pip has a teddy (called Norman :eek:) which is about the same size as she was at 5months :p - the other day she came plodding into the living room, Norman in tow (dragging him by the paw in her mouth) and she just wandered up to the fire, spat him out, laid down and curled up with him and dozed off :p:D!

I have a maine coon (silver cream not unlike yours), a ragdoll and two moggies. I have had a persian and 3 siamese in the past not to mention all my other moggies and I have to HIGHLY recommend the ragdolls. They are friendly, affectionate, playful and love all people and our other animals. My persian was similar but their coats are harder to keep. Our maine coon is slightly timid as were our siamese.

newrider.com