Caution thrown to the wind, (crash test dummy rides again)

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Well, 'twas a nice afternoon, I was almost up to date with stuff in my workshop, so I donned my hat and breechs, and took Hetja out for her first hack out!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I had to see if her saddle that I reflocked to fit her actually did fit her. She was very fidgety at first but soon stood still.

I took her for a little walk in it to see if it stayed put , which it did, then I found a bridle to fit her, and leaped aboard and went for a ride.!

:hot::hot::hot::hot:

She is a REAL Icelandic mare, she does not hang about, neither is she bad mannered. She was all for setting out to Lerwick, I made her make do with a (slow for her) potter round the village. Son thought he come with me on foot.........not a hope. We left him behind in the first 100 feet.

She is everything a good Icelandic should be, sensitive, forward going ,willing powerful, but all under control, at the touch of a button.

wow heading for Lerwick, and then keep going and swimming.....she sounds lovely, very very active though, is she comfy?

Is she comfy, yes, she's very comfy. When I tried her out I was a bit concerned I could not find trot......then Hemmi, told me she was in fact trotting, it was so smooth and so comfy I thought it was a very tolty trot...bit like Iacs and his trot, He is divine side saddle. She would be too.

tell your son to put roller boots on and take pics next time :yellowcarded:

she sounds a wonderful mare :)

Just been out for a proper ride with Fákur, she was very fast to start with, but soon settled and stoped being bouncy.

Pleased you enjoyed yourself Wally , must have really enjoyed it to go out again on a second hack on a different horse .:biggrin:

newrider.com