Cheap Hunter Wellies!

Mimi + Me

Mar 1, 2006
Battersea/Dorking
Hi everyone,

I don't know what it is about me but I go through pairs of wellies like nobody's business, they only last me a few weeks before they start splitting or cracking. Last winter I bought about 4 or 5 pairs :mad: :mad:

Anyway I've found a website that sells Hunter wellies for much cheaper than the RRP. I ordered mine two days ago and they arrived today and though they are officially classed as 'cosmetic seconds' I can't see anything wrong with them at all :)!

Anyway I thought they were a bargain at £24.99 so I thought I'd share this with the NR peeps in case anyone else wants some but can't afford the usual £45!

Here's a link to the website for the pink ones:

http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductCatalogue=HJ5&QSI=8dc5df68-fc70-4bca-afd1-7086cb16cfd3

Or the more boring colours (like the ones I bought!):

http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=15721
http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=15720

Thanks, will save that for when mine die as they inevitably will do!

Why do you buy Hunters if you go through that many in just one season?? My Muck Company Long legged boots last me a year. They cost me £60 this time. They keep your feet warm and cosy in the Winter...:)

Nice looking!.

Whats the fit on them like?, are they good for wide feet, are they particularly long. I`m not familiar with Hunter Wellies can you ride in them

That is cheap, I thought I got a bargain with a non VAT charged pair (for size 4 and 5) last week for £30, just the boring navy and green though.

I can't remember how much my Hunter's were but they withstood last year at Glastonbury and are still going very strong. They are excellent boots.

That's a very cheap price though, you got a bargain there :)

Nice looking!.

Whats the fit on them like?, are they good for wide feet, are they particularly long. I`m not familiar with Hunter Wellies can you ride in them

Huntress Wellies are wider fitting. Those are the one I buy (I love them :) .

The answer to your question is "yes" and "No". I have always ridden in my humtress wellies (for years and years and........). They have a heel and fit nicely in the stirrups. However I recently went on holiday and for a hack and the riding school I went to wouldn't ley me ride in thenm as thet said the BHS had a "no wellies" policy. The YO said she thought the rule was ridiculous because as far as she was concerned hunter wellies were designed to ride in if you wanted to. But I still wasn't allowed and had to wear jodphur boots two sizes too big :rolleyes: .

I did start a thread on it on here somewhere- you can see peoples opinions on whether you can ride in Hunter wellies or not on there........

So I think yes you can, but others think no you can't. Just in case, I will be taking my riding boots as well as my wellies in the back of the car when I go on holiday in future I guess :mad:

newrider.com