cheap showing clothes!

ragtime

from rags to riches.....
May 30, 2008
wakefield, west yorkshire (:
does anyone know where to get cheap show clothes from?
like canes, gloves, boots, jackets, hats?
because im skint!
im going to the yorkshire horse show on thursday though,
does anyone if they do cheap showing gear?
THANKyupp:D

collect bits as and when you can- dont buy all at once and it isnt half as scary.

give your measurements to tweed jacket makers (Mrs candy, showing selection, showing time, pretty ponies) they sometimes get second hand ones :)

hat, is one of the things you might have to splurge on- havent seen any nicer than charles owen.

boots, keep an eye out for second hand regents or similar.

doesnt have to cost a fortune, i show on a budget aswell :D

eBay for jackets. Pay as much as you can afford - ie if you can afford £100 get a bargain less than half price Showing Selection / Mrs Candy / Alexander James.

Don't skimp on your hat, buy new and buy good - if you fall off showing you still land on the same bit of your body as you would falling off XC, its not worth the risk.

USe yellow dusters to dye cheap white shirts and breeches canary.

Visit charity shops for ties, and often waistcoats.

Ditto Loopylozzas above comment
doesnt have to cost a fortune, i show on a budget aswel
- of this whole outfit, the MOST expensive bit (at the point/cost that I bought it) was the £40 bespoke browband. Saddle excluded!
Jacket £5 (car boot- £300 hunt coat!), boots free, shirt £3 tesco, tie £2 charity shop, breeches £20 eBay.

5849_718735582968_199709314_43565481_873930_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be ashamed to go into charity shops as you'd be surprised what you find in there - ties, shirts, even hacking jackets (or tweed jackets that can be altered for not very much) :)

Ebay is great as well, but plenty of planning is needed if buying off there as things aren't always available and can take an age to arrive :)

Places like Robinsons do budget leather long boots as well, they're not regents, but they do the job and still look far better then boots and gaiters...

My shirt that I use all the time is a wallis shirt that cost me £2.50 from the RSPCA, also helping charity to. Its better than ebay if they have the stuff you want case you dont have to pay PadP

I paid £15 for the grey/blue tweed jacket on ebay, £15 for the leather boots in Robinsons sale, jods were a christmas present and the shirt and tie came from a charity shop £5 , borrow cane from AlexaandTess, browband was £10.
Belle3July12th.jpg

The only expensive thing here I bought myself was my hat, shirt was from tescos £2.50, tie - ebay £5, jods - borrowed, boots - present from OH, hat - £45 and the tweed was free :D
6450_227402515166_629615166_7517984_6156278_n.jpg

What sizes are you after?
I've got a brand new with tags Equetech Heritage In-vent brown tweed (the new style with the hidden vents at the back of the arms) for sale...£130 (ish) worth of jacket which I'm selling for nowhere near that amount!!

newrider.com