Child rider insurance?

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
My friends daughter has been offered the use of the yard owners daughters pony to ride once a week. It wouldnt be a loan as such, it would be a ride when my friends daughter comes to the yard approx once a week or so.

I am going to be checking for def with the yard owner, but i have a feeling the pony isnt insured and i reckon the yard owner would say that the daughter would have to have her own rider insurance.

Are there rider insurance policies for children?

surely if the pony is going to be hacked out it should be covered for public liability also??? and this would be the yard owners responsibility?

My friend only has third party liability insurance on a pony she owns that is now ridden by other peoples children on the yard (her girls have outgrown pone) she pays £7 a month, but it only covers pony, should pony have an accident/cause any damage, riders ride at their own risk. I think it is with Pet Plan.

I think the BHS gold membership might be helpful :)

I think it covers the person (put it in the childs name) and includes rider insurance and the pony for third party. My one says it covers children over 5yrs. Your friends daughter will also be a member of the BHS included in the price which for a adult is about £52 a year (so about £4 a month) but is probably a bit cheaper for the junior membership

newrider.com