Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

I managed to save my full hours at work by coming up with a new plan and timetable for myself and colleague, giving her some of my hours and then applying for the only role going. I managed to get it, but another of my colleagues didn't so he's been made fully redundant. It's been a really horrible few weeks having to deal with it all and try and save myself, while at the same time feeling absolutely dreadful about doing so and potentially pushing someone else out. I just feel so miserable, he said it's fine and wished me well, he still lives at home so said the money isn't as important for him, him being nice about it all made me feel even worse if I'm honest!

Playing musical hospitals this morning with mum. Dropped her at 9am at the hospital minor injurys unit. Went round to feed cats as im still cat sitting. Took floss with me for the drive and took her to the playing field at the end of the road. Poor girls very wobbly, so feel over.
Got back home, downed a coffee, phone does silly things. Mums managed to send me a blank text. Shes on a new phone so doesnt know how to use it at all. So i rang her saying did you try ringing me. Yes she said but it wouldnt work. No thats cos you text me a blank message. She wouldnt know how to text an actual message.

Anyway i had to go pick her up to take her to the hospital 10 miles away, due to no proper A&E department at our local no proper drs. So after trying to sort out exactly where im going and negotiating road works galore i dropped her over there at 12pm. Just got back.

Foots been xrayed at the local, examined, pushed and pulled and then re xrayed. No breaks, but the toe is dislocated. Theyve burst the blistered toe and tried to relocate but to no avail. They are also concerned that there could be an infection in the toe so say she could need antibiotics.

They are surprised that shes managed for a week on it. But i guess thats what diabetes and no feeling in your foot do. Although when they pressed on a particular area she said she could feel pain. Theyve sent her over to the other hospital to see the orthopaedic dr, and see if they can relocate it.
Now waiting for another call from her.

She did say she was disgusted by there lack of cleanliness at our local. Where they burst the blister, it went everywhere. They took her off for xray, so a while there, then she was brought back, apparently the mess still hadnt been cleared up.

Just been phoned by hospital as shes left her phone in my car, so i can go pick her up again.

At least he was nice about it - a colleague and I both went for a promotion at work (few years ago now) . I got it, and she never spoke to me again. Saw her a few months ago in Tescos, first time since we both left - she came over, all smiley and pally - I just said "Too late" and walked away. She'd made my life miserable for 5 years, and wanted to be buds. No, I don't think so. However, well done you!

Playing musical hospitals this morning with mum. Dropped her at 9am at the hospital minor injurys unit. Went round to feed cats as im still cat sitting. Took floss with me for the drive and took her to the playing field at the end of the road. Poor girls very wobbly, so feel over.
Got back home, downed a coffee, phone does silly things. Mums managed to send me a blank text. Shes on a new phone so doesnt know how to use it at all. So i rang her saying did you try ringing me. Yes she said but it wouldnt work. No thats cos you text me a blank message. She wouldnt know how to text an actual message.

Anyway i had to go pick her up to take her to the hospital 10 miles away, due to no proper A&E department at our local no proper drs. So after trying to sort out exactly where im going and negotiating road works galore i dropped her over there at 12pm. Just got back.

Foots been xrayed at the local, examined, pushed and pulled and then re xrayed. No breaks, but the toe is dislocated. Theyve burst the blistered toe and tried to relocate but to no avail. They are also concerned that there could be an infection in the toe so say she could need antibiotics.

They are surprised that shes managed for a week on it. But i guess thats what diabetes and no feeling in your foot do. Although when they pressed on a particular area she said she could feel pain. Theyve sent her over to the other hospital to see the orthopaedic dr, and see if they can relocate it.

She did say she was disgusted by there lack of cleanliness at our local. Where they burst the blister, it went everywhere. They took her off for xray, so a while there, then she was brought back, apparently the mess still hadnt been cleared up.

Just been phoned by hospital as shes left her phone in my car, so i can go pick her up again.
Oh my - nothing's ever straight forward!

At least he was nice about it - a colleague and I both went for a promotion at work (few years ago now) . I got it, and she never spoke to me again. Saw her a few months ago in Tescos, first time since we both left - she came over, all smiley and pally - I just said "Too late" and walked away. She'd made my life miserable for 5 years, and wanted to be buds. No, I don't think so. However, well done you!
Good for you, I really don't like people who do that. Thinking they can be nicey nicey when it suits them once they've gotten over their disappointment!

Reactions: Huggy

Blimey what a morning you have had. I hope you have a peaceful rest of the weekend, you've earned it. Lots of vibes for your mum and her toe too. Sounds like it was nasty - eek to the bursting (I am so dam squeamish).

My mum had similar with her broken arm, went to the local A&E but unfortunately for her they only do straightforward breaks there. She needed manipulation to set it so had to go to a second A&E. Then she needed surgery in the end so it was another hospital for that. Can be very long winded, hope your mum recovers quickly.

I managed to save my full hours at work by coming up with a new plan and timetable for myself and colleague, giving her some of my hours and then applying for the only role going. I managed to get it, but another of my colleagues didn't so he's been made fully redundant. It's been a really horrible few weeks having to deal with it all and try and save myself, while at the same time feeling absolutely dreadful about doing so and potentially pushing someone else out. I just feel so miserable, he said it's fine and wished me well, he still lives at home so said the money isn't as important for him, him being nice about it all made me feel even worse if I'm honest!
I think that the way to deal with your guilty feelings which in my opinion just go to prove what a lovely person you are, is to remind yourself that you are not responsible for other people Ale, you are only responsible for yourself.
There was a reason you got chosen for the role, you work hard, you are incredibly thoughtful and you are an asset to the company, in short you were the best fit for the job and while I’m not saying you shouldn’t feel empathy for your colleague, you really shouldn’t feel bad that you got the job and he didn’t.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
I missed the turning for the hospital, it was pouring over there. My sat nav is then sending me into one way system, then i get to the end of the road as it says no entry except for buses.
So negotiate out that, no idea where i am, sat navs saying turn around when possible. Im swearing at it to bog off. Argh Got to the hospital eventually.

Shes now on anitbiotics to prevent infection. They cant put the toe back in, as its been out for a week. She will need an operation to put it back in. She cant have it currently as she has open wounds now from the blisters and spreading inflammation. Theyve basically said though if it doesnt cause her problems best left dislocated. They banaged it up and stuck her in a boot. She cant walk at all in it, with all her other leg problems as well. I can actually see her falling over on the floor in it before the end of week.
She got to attend orthopaedics in a weeks time, but dont know as yet which hospital.

• Sad
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Just poo picked today. I don't mind the rain but wasn't in the mood today.
Offered her one of those fodder brics.
She nibbled it if I held it fir her, once I put it down she lost interest. That's fine as it's either true and it's low in sugar or she's not hungry.
@Trewsers which ones have you tried? I think I have the ones nobody's horse was keen on.

Pheasant was waiting for breakfast. He's getting a little more friendly. I am no longer feeding the birds, I am feeding what turns up. :)

She nibbled it if I held it fir her, once I put it down she lost interest. That's fine as it's either true and it's low in sugar or she's not hungry.
@Trewsers which ones have you tried? I think I have the ones nobody's horse was keen on.

Pheasant was waiting for breakfast. He's getting a little more friendly. I am no longer feeding the birds, I am feeding what turns up. :)

I've had these:

(All the variations - they like all of them).

And these which they aren't so keen on - Zi dutifully gobbled up what the girls left.

I'm sure there is a variation on the Gold Label one too.

I think both brands offer you up the option of soaking them to make a "tasty" mash by soaking. But it does take a lot of soaking and mine weren't that keen. However fed dry in the Equilibrium brand nets they do entertain Chloe - in fact she's quite animated by them! Storm gets angry or hangry and stamps her foot and walks away. Then comes back and tries to obliterate it.

I just left this on the floor and she got bored. That's fine as it is something different to do.
It's saying equivalent to half a slice of hay. Trying to remember what small bales even look like! We deal with the long ones.
I reckon if I soaked it overnight into a mash she would be more likely to eat it, will see as it's a little something for over the winter. I don't know how the track idea will hold up yet.

That pheasant will be eating out of your hand by Christmas lol

See you in 2021! Take care in the meantime :)

So, struggling to be productive today ... a two and a half work meeting hasnt helped :D Now the sunshine is out, hoping to be more productive this afternoon!

See you in 2021! Take care in the meantime :)

So, struggling to be productive today ... a two and a half work meeting hasnt helped :D Now the sunshine is out, hoping to be more productive this afternoon!
Yeah the sunshine makes all the difference I find. We have some here today too - hurrah! Going to work Zi in hand shortly - in his tack. Don't want it to be a massive shock next time OH gets on board. Which won't be long off.

newrider.com