Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Needed a pick me up, felt a bit meh this week.

But it's a first, as never had Thai before, never had anything in a box, never ordered anything online and had it delivered.
Took a bit of searching for mind! It's the only one in the area doing anything besides a chips.

Just had to check the calendar to see what day it was. Couldnt remember if it was thursdy of friday. Friday is bin day so have to put the rubbish out. So will force me out of bed. See some routine.

Is a teeny bit cooler here. We had some rain overnight so much fresher. Sun is supposed to shine for the rest of the day so i think i will get in an early ride.
Too wet to work in the garden but im glad i tackled those bramble bushes yesterday. Honestly its amazing, we have some shrubby areas which sort of look after themselves, i just mow round but they need some occasional maintenance. So i made a start. Think its been a bit overdue. More brambles than elephant ears. Hawthorn, elder, ash and a sycamore all growing inamongest the bushes. Need a saw for some theyve got that big.

Oh that looks yummy.
I wanted to make one but i havent got any cream and no strawberry jam.

Was toying with blackcurrant roly poly.

Weve only got a bit of marg left. So baking is limited at present.

Ive just made some more melting moments to down with my cup of tea.

Im also experimenting making some bread. Have a feeling it might come out like a lead brick though. Its proving at the moment.

Oh that looks yummy.
I wanted to make one but i havent got any cream and no strawberry jam.

Was toying with blackcurrant roly poly.

Weve only got a bit of marg left. So baking is limited at present.

Ive just made some more melting moments to down with my cup of tea.

Im also experimenting making some bread. Have a feeling it might come out like a lead brick though. Its proving at the moment.

Hope your bread is good. I love home made loaves. Mr t makes flatbreads a lot. But a while since he did a full loaf of normal bread. Yum. Now I want one.....

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Well after some delay with my bread making as my mum came in the kitchen and started getting in the way, i abandoned the cooking and went outside to ride and then doing evening chores. So only just cooked my bread and eaten a warm bread roll, straight out the oven for me tea. Im actually really pleased. I havent made bread for many years. It was a bit experimental with the ingredients but actually they turned out alright.

IMG_20200522_230748.jpg

Mind you after being left for so long i had visions of lead bullets, not sure the fish would have appreciated. Wont need to feed them to the fish, there edible.

newrider.com