Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Well I had cheese and tom mini pizzas for breakfast and coffee. Had a lovely morning, just settling to some proper work now though. Took Storm out first thing and mucked out etc. Then had a really productive session in the school in hand playing about with mr zi. He was ace! Then took Storm a walk and instead of the usual paddocks took her into the school, the bankings are in full bloom with roses and lots of other things, so she's done her best impression of a mountain goat today and browsed them all! It was lovely and fresh out there. Then had a lightbulb moment and have now decided on another project with our muck heap plans. See - spending time with horses is always productive! lol Because I've been in there quite a lot recently I started thinking about a patch of land that we aren't using. We will be soon!

• Love
Reactions: Kite_Rider
Just worn my face covering for the first time. Initially covered my whole face with it.
Then realised it had folds for a reason, it's two layers and it stayed in place.
Anyone I saw not wearing one looked a little out of place.

I didn't feel claustrophobic, I could still hear my friend and it didn't irritate.

The cob took no notice whatsoever. Maybe I just appear strange to her on a daily basic then!

• Haha
Reactions: Trewsers
Just worn my face covering for the first time. Initially covered my whole face with it.
Then realised it had folds for a reason, it's two layers and it stayed in place.
Anyone I saw not wearing one looked a little out of place.

I didn't feel claustrophobic, I could still hear my friend and it didn't irritate.

The cob took no notice whatsoever. Maybe I just appear strange to her on a daily basic then!

Well considering Storm sees me regularly with a tin foil hat pressed close to my skull - probably a mask won't worry her either! lol
It's surprising what doesn't bother them. However this reminds me of the past - when we first got J he seemed jittery one day in his stable. YO suggested it might be the peak on a baseball cap that OH was wearing. Which I suppose makes sense if it had rubbed against him - or maybe got a little bit too close. But I think it was just Joe being Joe lol

Floss goes nuts at anybody who has a beard or moustache. She will rush at them barking. Has been know to take the odd nip at them. Hate to think what she would be like with people wearing masks.

• Wow
I know one of my friends horses is petrified of me in gloves, it took me a while to figure out why her was doing fire breathing dragon impressions at me and then I remembered I’d got disposable gloves on, took them off the catch him (made sure to wash hands after) and he was absolutely fine! Dread to think what he’d make of a mask. Maybe I reminded him of the vet, but he was really scared.

I just had a Wispa.
But tonight's a joint of roast beef, yorkshire pudding (home made even better), roast carrots, courgette, onion, leek, new potato and old potato and sweet potato. Yum. No pudding as won't have room for any. I'll share the beef if anyone wants!

I just had a Wispa.
But tonight's a joint of roast beef, yorkshire pudding (home made even better), roast carrots, courgette, onion, leek, new potato and old potato and sweet potato. Yum. No pudding as won't have room for any. I'll share the beef if anyone wants!
Oh I’ll share some of my fish pie if you’ll share your beef and veg ?

Well our heat wave has departed. I've got a sore back today (again) so business is slow out there with yard chores. Mr t mucked all three out (even though his nibs comes and goes he still likes to poop and lie in it, in the apartment!). I've got a freshly made pizza on order for tonight. I'll share if anyone wants. And a choice of Cava or locally brewed lager. Take your pick, it's Saturday afterall.???

newrider.com