Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

View attachment 103790Fully enrolled and inducted into my 3rd year of uni, I start next week and it sounds like a really interesting year. Cannot wait despite everything and I know how lucky I am to be able to do this. I do still think I see the world a little differently from most but I can't wait to see where things go from here.
Can you expand on seeing the world differently. I like observing nature and i am feeding the birds at the moment. I like listening to them singing when I arrive, that could be a positive that they are happy or here comes that human that's pruned our house!
I like the connection I have with the cob, the fact she comes cantering over again after being turned out, because I haven't gone yet. ( lots of weeding to do)

Can you expand on seeing the world differently. I like observing nature and i am feeding the birds at the moment. I like listening to them singing when I arrive, that could be a positive that they are happy or here comes that human that's pruned our house!
I like the connection I have with the cob, the fact she comes cantering over again after being turned out, because I haven't gone yet. ( lots of weeding to do)
Apologies I meant to say than the others on the course

Not really Trewsers, :( bit worried but hey ho, more tests coming my way, hopefully they will be clear. Thank you for asking though x

Oh poo! And there was me thinking it would be all done and dusted. Sorry you've more tests, but looking on the bright side it sounds as though anything that is amiss is going to be picked up and put right. That's the only positive thing I can think!

I've had a really healthy (not) lunch. Half a packet of Thornton's Diplomat chocolates, half a can of Coke and one bag of beefy Rosyters. Yummmy!!!!
Tonight's dinner is very healthy though, home made chicken madras and rice.

Reactions: Huggy
Wee hee, I've got tomorrow, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off work! yaye. Very excited. It's a mrs trews staycation. Literally. Won't be going anyplace. But we do have some projects lined up along with plenty of wine, chocolate and curry. And other foods hehehehee.

Reactions: Huggy
View attachment 103790Fully enrolled and inducted into my 3rd year of uni, I start next week and it sounds like a really interesting year. Cannot wait despite everything and I know how lucky I am to be able to do this. I do still think I see the world a little differently from most but I can't wait to see where things go from here.
That's a super quote. I was sitting last week, watching the horses in the field, and remembered that, somewhere in Christianity, it's said that animals don't have souls. I couldn't say if I'm a proper Christian or not, but that thought riled me. Feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong in thinking that's a belief that I've read somewhere, but that quote, about the bird having a life, knowledge, individual traits and personality, is exactly what I felt as I watched the horses. They're not dumb beasts of the field, they experience joy, sadness, anger, peace - who are we to pigeonhole them as lesser being than us?

somewhere in Christianity, it's said that animals don't have souls. I couldn't say if I'm a proper Christian or not, but that thought riled me. Feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong in think
If it is in Christianity then it comes from Judaism. That the souls of animals differ from those of humans. Or rather that people have two souls. A soul that yearns for God and an animal soul - Basically that means no life after death for animals. And in Christianity they cannot make the choice to believe in the Trinity.

On the other hand one academic rabbi insisted I should understand the most extreme 19th century sects, the Lubavitch. He particularly objected to their saying that the souls of non Jews are as the same as in animals. So I guess that if a non Jew wants to believe that, and I am not advocating it as it is racist, horses have exactly the same souls as any non Jewish owner.
I do not think that all animals are regarded as equal in either Judaism or Islam. But remember that horses were not around in the Middle East when the earliest parts of the bible came into existence.

Reactions: Bodshi
What brought it to mind, was remembering at some point I must have been told this as a child, and being enraged at the idea. I punted around Google and this was the first thing that came up.....Screenshot_20200905-101532_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Kite_Rider
I think we should be equal. Without animals we are screwed!
You need everything in the food chain. Insects doing their thing for the flowers and plants at the bottom, are just as important as we seem to think we see at the top. They don't discuss it, they just get on with life- as far as I know.
Actually we are probably lower than animals, we hurt people fir no reason, we kill for no reason. Animals do it, if they do to correct another animal, or to eat.

If that is what it means to be religious I’m very glad I’m not. Most of the time I prefer animals to if there's a heaven, most animals deserve to go there a lot more tha
I think we should be equal. Without animals we are screwed!
You need everything in the food chain. Insects doing their thing for the flowers and plants at the bottom, are just as important as we seem to think we see at the top. They don't discuss it, they just get on with life- as far as I know.
Actually we are probably lower than animals, we hurt people fir no reason, we kill for no reason. Animals do it, if they do to correct another animal, or to eat.
I absolutely agree! If there is a heaven, most animals deserve to go there far more than most humans. Along the same kind of lines, I saw online, a sign in the US that reads "God loves a kind atheist more than a hateful Christian" I rather liked that.

Ride and lead today. I already knew I would be. Confidence building works both ways.
I didn't went to ride on the A road so I led her, moved her onto the pavement which allowed a bus to go past. She sauntered along which said I'm fine its you.
Perfectly positioned picnic benches meant a hop on, but then further on the ride she turned into what's best described as granite. She's seen yellow stuff that should have blue stuff on. So I led and we marched, when we found the saunter I hop back on. She's actually very easy to read. You can encourage but I know she's scared of the sight of the blue, even when it's yellow!

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Gorgeous chilly bright breezy day here. Played with mr zi in the arena and took the madam walking and grazing for an hour. Chloe, Storm, Zi, me, OH, Rosy Rue and Felix all spent a wonderful hour sat in the sun together in the yard. It was so peaceful. I'm very lucky. :)

Day off pamper day for the cob. She's gets a good brush once a week. Her tail and feathers are looking after themselves. So strange!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com