Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

That’s why it made me sad, Mum died five years ago and I still miss her so much. I always thought if I could have the chance to see her again it would be wonderful but it just made me feel like I’d just lost her all over again. ?
My mum loved painting. She wasn't the best at it, but I have all her paintings, and they are lovely mementos. She painted this one from a photo of my friend and I out on the forest. Not a great painting, but I love it.Screenshot_20200917-112230_Gallery.jpg

My mum loved painting. She wasn't the best at it, but I have all her paintings, and they are lovely mementos. She painted this one from a photo of my friend and I out on the forest. Not a great painting, but I love it.View attachment 103937

That's a lovely painting and very clever - I could never do anything like that. I think people sometimes think it's easy (bit like horse riding!) but it's not at all. I like that style of art too - it's sort of blurred and subtle but contains a real essence of what's being drawn. Listen at me lol I like any type of art - particularly if there's a horse involved..................................(I don't mean the pictures blurred - honestly you'll think I'm potty - I just can't put it into the right words).:)

That's a lovely painting and very clever - I could never do anything like that. I think people sometimes think it's easy (bit like horse riding!) but it's not at all. I like that style of art too - it's sort of blurred and subtle but contains a real essence of what's being drawn. Listen at me lol I like any type of art - particularly if there's a horse involved..................................(I don't mean the pictures blurred - honestly you'll think I'm potty - I just can't put it into the right words).:)
Impressionism is the word you are looking for Trewsers, one of the many artistic talents I would love to have, it’s a lot harder than it first seems and more about conveying a feeling rather than a photographic reproduction.

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
Well I'm weighing up what snack / lunch to have whilst waiting for my work system to run another trouble shooting program. It's rather frustrating! Bird curry tonight with rice and lager (Heineken as that's my favourite on the sub zero torp system!). This week has gone quickly (for all the wrong reasons ). What's everyone else up to? I finally managed to do something in hand again with Zi this morning.

Just had boiled eggs for lunch. Its so long since ive had any, it took ages to locate the egg cups. Back of the cupboard.
Been to work this morning. Just drinking my coffee then off out to get the boys in. Vet is coming to do teeth and jabs. Also going to get them to have a look at billys lump and trot up. Riding intructor rode him yesterday, first time any professional has sat on my horse. Gave there assessment and i think it needs a bit of discussion with the vet. Verdict says something is not right to me. But its one of those minor things you are going to struggle to locate.

Reactions: Huggy
Rode this morning, then threw down breakfast as looking after 2 year old for a couple of hours. Dinosaurs attacked Thomas in Sodor. Then hide and seek, then he stripped naked to go to the seaside in the utility room - with goggles. We also had a random t rex in the bathroom closet that needed dealt with. He's gone home now, and I'm sitting in the bombsite that was once my home. In an hour I have to go and move the horses.

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Well it’s our wedding anniversary today, we usually celebrate on Kefalonia but obviously we couldn’t go this year. So I decided if we can’t go to Greece, Greece can come to us! So tonight we are having a meze of Riganada, souvlaki pitta, saganaki, spetsofai, grilled peppers, garlic mushrooms, Greek salad and Spanakopita, followed by Galaktoboureko and washed down with Mythos beer, been cooking all afternoon while listening to Greek music to add authentic flavour too the mood and my kitchen smells amazing.
We can’t wait to tuck in now.:)

Reduced my coffee to two cups a day again. Got into bad habits. And it notices.

Took the cob to lunge paddock, she's so funny. Head down to sniff the grass, not eat the grass. It's been eaten down already.
A back end slip in canter with a bronco fart correction. Well if you go fast that's what Judkins, I didn't say charge I said and canter.

Schools being back means i can at least say hi to those who walk to and from the village school. It's been pretty dead of local people up until now.

Well it’s our wedding anniversary today, we usually celebrate on Kefalonia but obviously we couldn’t go this year. So I decided if we can’t go to Greece, Greece can come to us! So tonight we are having a meze of Riganada, souvlaki pitta, saganaki, spetsofai, grilled peppers, garlic mushrooms, Greek salad and Spanakopita, followed by Galaktoboureko and washed down with Mythos beer, been cooking all afternoon while listening to Greek music to add authentic flavour too the mood and my kitchen smells amazing.
Enjoy!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Happy anniversary ?

Phew it’s been a busy day, I got roped into a fund raiser at work selling fried chicken and chips (and all the set up, prep and tear down), then straight to ponies and on to 2nd job at the bar so I’ve just got a nice cold Diet Coke, I need the caffeine this evening!

Happy anniversary @Kite_Rider You should have brought the ticket to nowhere. Apparently one of the airlines ere offering it and it sold out in no time.

Question but if you drink too mich coffee what are the noticeable effects that you get @newforest. Just curious.

Have a wonderful anniversary! And a super evening too.x

Thank you all, we had a lovely evening and a wonderful meal, the only things missing were our chatter with our Kefalonian taverna owner and holiday friends and the heat! I wasn't sitting watching the sun go down over the sparkling turquoise sea in my sundress that's for sure. :)
Oh and there's plenty of yummy Greek food left if anyone wants any warmed up today.

Reactions: Huggy
Happy anniversary @Kite_Rider You should have brought the ticket to nowhere. Apparently one of the airlines ere offering it and it sold out in no time.
Mr KR was telling me about them but to be honest if I was going to get on a plane right now I would want it to take me away to Kefalonia not just a round trip. :)

It made melaugh when i heard about this airline offering. I suppose they are trying to keep there business going but are people really tht dumb to by tickets. Guess so. Id be reporting it as a scam.

newrider.com