Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Happy anniversary @Kite_Rider You should have brought the ticket to nowhere. Apparently one of the airlines ere offering it and it sold out in no time.

Question but if you drink too mich coffee what are the noticeable effects that you get @newforest. Just curious.
Not being able to sleep, headaches, bit wired like a child with too much sugar.
Loads better now dropped back to just two in the mornings.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I once suffered a massive panic attack after drinking a cup of Starbucks - it was the first and last I had. One opened locally where we used to live and we just went in and got a coffee like you do. Later that day Mr t was on the verge of running me to the gp unit. I couldn't breathe it was terrifying and I convinced myself I was having either a heart attack or stroke. I had to listen very carefully to him and breathe deeply and actually he re-focused me onto Chloe's legs (I shall never forget that part) and stroking them and scratching them re-jigged whatever had gone wrong with my brain triggered by the caffeine. Never ever again. I only have two cups max per day and mostly instant because the real stuff in the plunger thingy sends me over the top. I also became addicted to Maccy D's coffee and got very grumpy without that, but on some occasions could swing to feeling violently sick. One day they will ban caffeine or it will be demonised on the same level as too much wine and beer.

She's in a lovely mood.
I took this, tried to get the photo of the delicate little plant in the middle.
I knelt down and checked where she was. But got rather involved and tried various shots.
I didn't hear her walk up, when she sniffed my bum I thought I would need some paper! Now it's a squashed plant. _20200919_182023.JPG

Nice green photo!

I wish I'd had my phone today on the yard. Would have made a lovely scene. Amber, Felix, Mackeral and Spycat all laid out in the sun with OH sat on a rug chest with Chloe on his shoulder (not literally just her head lol) and Storm snoozing in the sun with Zi out in the background.

I'm off to bathe Chloe's poor legs as she's been stamping a lot again. Chicken fajitas and Heineken for anyone interested later on:D

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I once suffered a massive panic attack after drinking a cup of Starbucks - it was the first and last I had. One opened locally where we used to live and we just went in and got a coffee like you do. Later that day Mr t was on the verge of running me to the gp unit. I couldn't breathe it was terrifying and I convinced myself I was having either a heart attack or stroke. I had to listen very carefully to him and breathe deeply and actually he re-focused me onto Chloe's legs (I shall never forget that part) and stroking them and scratching them re-jigged whatever had gone wrong with my brain triggered by the caffeine. Never ever again. I only have two cups max per day and mostly instant because the real stuff in the plunger thingy sends me over the top. I also became addicted to Maccy D's coffee and got very grumpy without that, but on some occasions could swing to feeling violently sick. One day they will ban caffeine or it will be demonised on the same level as too much wine and beer.
Glad it's not just me, I can't cope with caffeine at all. I don't touch tea, coffee, cola etc. If I do I'm up all night twitching haha.

Lovely pictures.

Im always tired and i do suffer headaches. I know at one point i was drinkimg far too much coffee as my teeth were staining , and i did swap to decaf and my headaches did reduce a bit. I drink decaf at home but when out at work its usually what ever comes but generally a caffeine one.
Ive never tried these costa coffees or any from a coffee shop. I heard there full of nastiness.
I dont like the stuff you grind up and stick in a machine, or the cooffe bags filters. A normal instant will do me.

It’s probably a good thing for us we didn’t get to Kefalonia this year, we always have lovely weather but this year the Island has been battered by a cyclone! No flights in or out for two days, power and water out, roads collapsed, trees uprooted and boats battered and sunk. I believe two people died too and many had to be rescued, Greece declared a national emergency this morning, I’m so sad for our friends over there trying to make a living to see them through the winter, they’ve had nothing but trouble this year from raging fires to Covid to this. ?

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
I am similar with Costa coffee, although not as severe. My old boss started bringing me one every morning but I had to ask him to stop because at about 10 am every day I'd start feeling sick and panicky and just really weird and kind of dizzy without actually losing my balance, head buzzing kind of thing. I knew it was the coffee so I could keep a handle on it, because it would pass within an hour but it's not a nice feeling is it. I get the same if I drink too many instant coffees. Shame because I love it (much prefer instant to 'posh' coffee).

Actually no - it was Starbucks now I come to think about it. We have a Costa at work, but it was Starbucks where he used to call on his way in.

I drink a lot of coffee, not sure I could sustain my lifestyle without it ? I have a big travel mug that goes everywhere with me, I have 4-6 of those a day. I love Starbucks coffee but have americano as their filter coffee can make me a bit shakey. On Friday night when I have my long working day I will sometimes add a can or 2 of coke just to get through the evening.

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
I love coffee and tea but have to have decaf as I'm extremely sensitive to caffeine. It gives me tremors, headaches, nausea, an upset stomach, exacerbates my anxiety, and sets off my nystagmus, which otherwise mostly just affects me when I'm trying to sleep.

newrider.com