Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

It’s probably a good thing for us we didn’t get to Kefalonia this year, we always have lovely weather but this year the Island has been battered by a cyclone! No flights in or out for two days, power and water out, roads collapsed, trees uprooted and boats battered and sunk. I believe two people died too and many had to be rescued, Greece declared a national emergency this morning, I’m so sad for our friends over there trying to make a living to see them through the winter, they’ve had nothing but trouble this year from raging fires to Covid to this. ?

That’s sad for them. The world is not nice at all in some places right now :(

We have that same brand Italian or their Lazy Sunday which has less caffeine. We make it in a plunger pot (cafetiere).

If you want it weaker just put in less coffee. OH uses 4 scoops in a large pot as he makes a vast amount.

Well I'm having a sit in the coffee shop lol I'm jiggered! Just been working Zi in hand in the school and pulling more spuds. I got another sack full! Hurrah. Took Storm out walking twice and she's walking so fast I can hardly keep up lately! Then covering the raised beds to stop the weeds and bathing Chloe's poorly legs. We had a fright last night she came in after what seemed a wonderful peaceful sunset / evening with a really sore leg where her mites had made her itch. Mr Trews had to apply a sterile dressing and bandage it before bedtime and we were losing the light fast too but she seems okay this morning. Got to keep an eye on it though. So I'm just sitting here a while. Not brought any food or drinks though - we both forgot about lunch having being so engrossed in horse care and potato pulling lol :D :D

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Other thing I wanted to ask - is anyone else having odd dreams right now? I'm having night after night of them. Alien dreams. Had another last night and met a charming young alien who she and I were being pursued by nasty aliens. Then I met a man that had been turned into a sheep which was horrific. Just because he'd said he'd always wanted to be a sheep from being young they cut off his feet and welded hooves on:eek:

• Wow
Trewsers you are weird. In another life springs to mind.

Busy morning mowing all the lawns, before it rains next week.
Started sorting out the fencing to put the boys on. Ive got to start using what was meant to be there winter pasture.
Then i had to go do my big shop at morrisons as we had completely run out of milk.

Just having a quick snack pork pie and a fruit salad doughnuts with my coffee. Then im off out to ride and drive.

I’ve just taken delivery of a rather nice art desk! Mr KR is going to be back working from home soon so he needed the dining table back, I’ve been relegated to the spare bedroom to paint and draw now, I don’t mind Millie my cat has decided she wants to come and keep me company up there too, she usually comes and curls up on one of the chairs in the dining room but now she’s made a bed for herself on my old dressing table.
I think she just doesn’t want me to feel lonely!

Other thing I wanted to ask - is anyone else having odd dreams right now? I'm having night after night of them. Alien dreams. Had another last night and met a charming young alien who she and I were being pursued by nasty aliens. Then I met a man that had been turned into a sheep which was horrific. Just because he'd said he'd always wanted to be a sheep from being young they cut off his feet and welded hooves on:eek:

You never fail to make me giggle Trewsers, I’d love to spend an hour in your head!

• Haha
Reactions: Trewsers
I’ve just taken delivery of a rather nice art desk! Mr KR is going to be back working from home soon so he needed the dining table back, I’ve been relegated to the spare bedroom to paint and draw now, I don’t mind Millie my cat has decided she wants to come and keep me company up there too, she usually comes and curls up on one of the chairs in the dining room but now she’s made a bed for herself on my old dressing table.
I think she just doesn’t want me to feel lonely!

Aw that's lovely having cat company whilst you paint:) Don't you just love how they make a bed for themselves?!

Aw that's lovely having cat company whilst you paint:) Don't you just love how they make a bed for themselves?!

She’s a lovely if somewhat grumpy old lady but she definitely likes being around me, it’s quite sweet, she’s one of those cats that loves to curl up on your lap, BUT on her terms only, woe betide you if you dare to stroke her though.

It's filter coffee that we use in a plunger type affair. We only have it at breakfast time, and only two small cups max. I like instant too. Douwe Egberts mainly.
I think they make an instant in bags, could be wrong.
If it's filter coffee in a bag, you won't need the plunge.

What's in that coffee of yours.
I have to say dreams are funny in so much as you just accept it.

Mine have been related to moving yards, having to leave etc.
Though the dream where I got into bed to go to sleep, pointless or what! But I knew I was having a dream and i remember thinking it was pointless to sleep in it.

• Haha
What's in that coffee of yours.
I have to say dreams are funny in so much as you just accept it.

Mine have been related to moving yards, having to leave etc.
Though the dream where I got into bed to go to sleep, pointless or what! But I knew I was having a dream and i remember thinking it was pointless to sleep in it.

Lol yes dreaming of going to bed! hahahaa.

Just out of interest and with no judgement, why? ?
? a full time job, a part time job and the farm/horses to look after means I’m on the go 14-18 hours a day then get home to think about cooking, cleaning and all those normal things and I don’t sleep well so some nights I wake up after just a couple of hours and that means I’m then shattered when I need to be up. Getting up before 5am most days seems to have a cumulative effect and wear me down, I was doing much better during lockdown when working from home as I didn’t have to be up until 7, it was bliss. I think my fibromyalgia plays into it a lot as well. I can do without it, it’s just much easier with it ?

@Jessey I have chronic insomnia, always been a terrible sleeper so I totally sympathise!
But did you know one of the side effects of too much caffeine is sleep disturbance?

newrider.com