Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

That's weird, there was an old thread that got resurrected and mentioned dilatrol. I ended up with her back on the ventapulmin. Sorry, just random rambling there. I've got something in the tack room now but I think that's ventapulmin.

Reactions: Jessey
Sat in the field with a cup of coffee listening to Jess finally grazing, her breathing suddenly went bad this afternoon, she didn’t quite make it through her tiny dinner for coughing and I suspect a bit of a choke from trying. She got herself in a right pickle and wouldn’t even graze. I spoke to the vet who suggested I just give it time for the dilatrol I’d already got into her to work, and to syringe more down if need be and call them out if it didn’t improve. I couldn’t get the inhaler into her as every time I covered her nose she panicked and had another coughing fit. But 90 minutes on she started grazing, it’s been another half hour since then so I’m hopeful it’s settled for tonight as she’s not coughing now. Hopefully it will be settled enough by morning that she’ll take the inhaler. They do worry us at times.
That sounds so scary! I hate breathing probs in animals. Alfie (dog) chokes sometimes, for no reason, and it panics me more than cuts or bites. Glad she seems a bit better.

Reactions: Jessey
Watching the MACY'S THANKSGIVING PARADE.

Its for tv only no live crowds.

They said some things were taped thru the week in front of the Macy's flagship store for covid safety and some like the flags and balloons are live today but the
Site has been treated like a closed movie set..

They have done a good job..if it was not raining today you would have no clue that some was not live..

Sadly the parade I love is the Rose Parade
New years day because of all the horses.

I'm sure that was cancelled.

Watching the MACY'S THANKSGIVING PARADE.

Its for tv only no live crowds.

They said some things were taped thru the week in front of the Macy's flagship store for covid safety and some like the flags and balloons are live today but the
Site has been treated like a closed movie set..

They have done a good job..if it was not raining today you would have no clue that some was not live..

Sadly the parade I love is the Rose Parade
New years day because of all the horses.

I'm sure that was cancelled.
Happy thanksgiving.

I was walking the dogs this morning looked across the fields to see Billy wrong side of the fence. Chunky was still in. So get back home drop dogs in house and venture down the field to go put him back in.
One houdini horse. Fencing completely in situ, no sign of anything slack. He was happily grazing on the long ungrazed section of field. He wandered over from the far side of field as soon as he saw me walking down the field. I just unhooked the fence and he walked straight in.
Puzzled by his escape i walked down the fenceline. Then it suddenly occured to me that maybe he had got through at the back of the pump house. Sure enough when i looked i found the foot prints. Now the leaves are off the trees it opened up a gap, so billy had squeezed up between the brick building and trees to let himself out. The cheeky little sod. Use to have post and rail round the pump house but the cows demolished the rails, which we hadnt bothered to replace. My electric fence is attached to the front of the building, so back wasnt covered. Ive propped the broken rails up for now to act as a blind. He was still in tonight.

I was walking the dogs this morning looked across the fields to see Billy wrong side of the fence. Chunky was still in. So get back home drop dogs in house and venture down the field to go put him back in.
One houdini horse. Fencing completely in situ, no sign of anything slack. He was happily grazing on the long ungrazed section of field. He wandered over from the far side of field as soon as he saw me walking down the field. I just unhooked the fence and he walked straight in.
Puzzled by his escape i walked down the fenceline. Then it suddenly occured to me that maybe he had got through at the back of the pump house. Sure enough when i looked i found the foot prints. Now the leaves are off the trees it opened up a gap, so billy had squeezed up between the brick building and trees to let himself out. The cheeky little sod. Use to have post and rail round the pump house but the cows demolished the rails, which we hadnt bothered to replace. My electric fence is attached to the front of the building, so back wasnt covered. Ive propped the broken rails up for now to act as a blind. He was still in tonight.
Haha cheeky boy, glad it’s not only Hank who does things like this ?

Very grey and foggy here all day. A bit milder than the last few frosty days. Ive got homemade pie for dinner. Hopefully cheese and onion and potato, but there might be some chicken in it. Not sure, i was out when it was made. So pie surprise. Ill have some curry if its a mild one.
Got some bits sorted in the tack room today. Man with a drill. I brought a thermostat for the heat lamp. So it will only come on below a certain temperature. Only problem was the socket had to be moved. We were going to get a froststat but you can get them like the ones years ago. We made provision for it two years ago so it could be wired in. Then found you could get them. So for two years ive had loose cables dangling. Anyway because weve had to get a plug in one the wiring got sorted.
Weve also moved the outside light up a bit, hoping now the boys will stop using it as a head scratcher. Trouble is its now about 6 inchs higher so me being a short arse will need some yellow pages as its now only just within reach.
Also got some hanging hooks put up on the wall to hang the solar panel on when its not in use.

Very grey and foggy here all day. A bit milder than the last few frosty days. Ive got homemade pie for dinner. Hopefully cheese and onion and potato, but there might be some chicken in it. Not sure, i was out when it was made. So pie surprise. Ill have some curry if its a mild one.
Got some bits sorted in the tack room today. Man with a drill. I brought a thermostat for the heat lamp. So it will only come on below a certain temperature. Only problem was the socket had to be moved. We were going to get a froststat but you can get them like the ones years ago. We made provision for it two years ago so it could be wired in. Then found you could get them. So for two years ive had loose cables dangling. Anyway because weve had to get a plug in one the wiring got sorted.
Weve also moved the outside light up a bit, hoping now the boys will stop using it as a head scratcher. Trouble is its now about 6 inchs higher so me being a short arse will need some yellow pages as its now only just within reach.
Also got some hanging hooks put up on the wall to hang the solar panel on when its not in use.
Hahaha, tell me about not being able to reach lights!
Pie surprise sounds ace!

Well I made a kind of soup today, it was a medley of vegetables that I needed to use up with chicken stock and a big spoonful of cumin seed fried with the onion and garlic to start it off, it was chunky and thick, peppery and creamy and utterly delicious with a chunk of buttered bread.
I bet I couldn’t make it the same again if I tried.

Its been gloomy and cloudy all day
A real winter sky.
It had BETTER be rain Monday.
Not the S word.

Got the rest of the goats feet trimmed
Got stabbed in the process.
With LINCOLN having had a broken neck
We can't chance a Halter on him or tying him.
My husband has to try to hold him.
The shears are really sharp sigh.

Omg I'm a bit surprised at the turkeys reaction...
They came thru to beyond the goats while we were finishing up.

The guy started shooting his high power rifle.
The Turkey's started screaming and talking every time a shot went off
I was surprised
At the huge reaction

They stood starring then hung in the bushes .
When there was a lull they must have thought it was done then went across the street.
He's started again they can't be happy.
20201128_154745.jpg20201128_154810.jpg

I'M WATCHING to see if they try to make their way back

newrider.com