Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Dont get me started on this one after todays big supermarket shop. The staff were doing there best. One shop assistant was very helpful when i asked about something. Couldnt have been more polite, even made phone call to his supervisor manager regarding my query.
But one member of staffs attitude in the same shop today left a bit to be desired. Was not rude to me but short and abrubt as i stood on a round spot in the shop, and no i didnt see the f***in big sign down the other end of the shop hanging in the air. How the f*** do i know theres one cue for all tills down isle 12. Perhaps you should take up the stand here spots in front of the till that youve put on the floor if im not supposed to join the queue there and im supposed to join the m25.
She was also short with an old boy who asked her a semi sensible question. Her reply of 'join the cue in isle 12 was completely unrelated to the question he asked her'. It was rude customer service. Her instruction really worked, not, as he then cue jumped at less 10 other people.
Theyve taken away the little things you put on the conveyor belt that seperate your shop from the next customer. It resulted in paying for the old boys items listed on my till receipt. So i paid for at least 4 items that werent mine. Cashier didnt remove them from my receipt after accidentally putting them through, then taking them back when his shopping was muddled with mine. Didnt realise till i got home and check the receipt through. Oh and soap that was put in the trolley and ironically i havent got it and is not on the till receipt, so must have still been on the conveyor belt. What a flippin cock up.
I am sorry to read you had so much stress today. Its interesting that you mentioned the barriers are gone to split the food, I wouldn't know that being basket only.
To be honest as the week's have gone on its got worse with more people out.
I am actually rethinking the time I go, because from next Monday throwing parents with kids onto to the pavements as well, then the opening of all the shops a few weeks after, nightmare isn't going to cover that.

The bank line is in the way of a side street and goes in front of Superdrug. So how do you get in to that shop?

I actually told one woman to move out of the way of the supermarket door, this is a town to shop in. Learning things about myself, yes I have found a voice, can I blame it on the hormones!

it’s good you feel fairly safe. I wouldn’t but that’s just me. And hospitals - well I don’t know. A friend of a friend didn’t feel at all safe attending for their chemo appointment but I don’t know the ins and outs of it, it was just something one of my sisters mentioned. I guess we all have different views on this. Like I say, glad that you personally feel okay but I know I wouldn’t. I’m afraid I won’t be happy going near lots of people until there is vaccine or it goes away of its own accord which isn’t likely.
If people could social distance I would feel fine.
Today when I saw the amount in town I didn't think omg I could catch the virus, it was how do I negotiate this lot.
Now, I may be coming around to the one way street system, with no waiting roadsigns. ?

But as the above poster said you cannot be expected to know the markings on the floor and hanging up. We don't have a high way code for people and to be fair every shop needs the same set up.
If it's a circle then all shops need that, we have feet, arrows and no entry. And it's ten weeks in and they are STILL adding and changing it.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
See now I'm in contact with 100s of people a day albeit 2m for most of them, I'm starting to think differently. It's controlled and I feel fairly safe. I imagine a hospital is very controlled
To be honest I think for those who are not old or who don’t have any underlying health conditions it probably isn’t that much of a big deal.
I think it’s great that you feel safe Ale, just shows what good management can achieve, but I won’t feel ‘safe’ until I know there is a vaccine, if indeed there ever is as I know that should I catch it I have a remarkably good chance of dying, so yes like @Trewsers I’ll be doing my best to stay away from people from now on.

Reactions: Trewsers
To be honest I think for those who are not old or who don’t have any underlying health conditions it probably isn’t that much of a big deal.
I think it’s great that you feel safe Ale, just shows what good management can achieve, but I won’t feel ‘safe’ until I know there is a vaccine, if indeed there ever is as I know that should I catch it I have a remarkably good chance of dying, so yes like @Trewsers I’ll be doing my best to stay away from people from now on.
Oh yes I agree 100%. Wasn't trying to say come on you all need to feel safe and get on with it. But my age and no underlying health conditions means my chance of dying is 0.9% which is less than the flu I believe. I think those with underlying conditions it's between 5- 10% depending on the condition which of course is far more risky. My mum for example is shielding and being really good but she's desperate to get back riding. Not sure how I feel about this but it's her choice. I have friends with the 0.9% chance who refuse to go out too and fair enough. I think what would be worse is if I gave it to someone and they got really ill, that would be awful.

Anyone can catch it, anyone can spread it.
10% is one in ten people. I wouldn't jump out of a plane knowing that one of us doesn't have a parachute.

The scary thing is the vulnerable are going to be needed for the school run. The grandparents who have been home for three months. I will be interested to hear whether or not this coincides with the virus level being lowered to three.
We can only go on what we feel and you were worried about going back to work, but can see it's as safe as it can be.
I was scared to go my own supermarket! But I need to eat, I can't get it all online.

Reactions: MrA and Kite_Rider
I'd say about third of all our customers are elderly at work. Many admitting this is their first trip out the whole time. Not sure why visiting the garden centre is so high up on their agenda but then again some I have spoken too have mentioned mental health. Who am I to judge their decisions I guess. We do our best to keep everyone safe but they are the ones who seem to struggle more with social distancing. 3 times within an hour today I had to say do you mind stepping back and observing the 2m distancing. Bit worrying

@Ale, can’t answer for your customers but I would love to go out to a garden centre, something very therapeutic about plants so maybe that’s why it’s the first place the oldies are heading out too.

Reactions: MrA
Embrace the grey newforest! I have never coloured my hair and when my grey started coming in I just thought 'just enjoy it' for me it is a sign of my own confidence as a person, plus it sparkles so pretty in certain light ?
My old yard owner said I must colour it as it would make me look old, I said I don't actually give a monkeys, I am old! I'm allowed grey hair and wrinkles if I want them.
Coloured by time with highlights from experience. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

@Ale, can’t answer for your customers but I would love to go out to a garden centre, something very therapeutic about plants so maybe that’s why it’s the first place the oldies are heading out too.
It's actually very sweet, I think they are struggling to remember to distance because they are so excited to be out and also haven't really been out.

Well I’ve just been sat out in the garden in my pants! ? Couldn’t be bothered to go and dig out a ? as they are all packed away somewhere.
Just finished my exercise bike and sat with a lovely salmon salad, it’s gloriously sunny and warm here, but, I can’t help wishing for a little bit of rain.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Earlier walk then breakfast. Taken gilet off and just got my overshirt, saying that probably not out as early as you.

Just a bagel for lunch and fruit, bit boring I know. But better than the soup.

Just had a chocolate brownie - they are baked locally, I love their stuff and lucky for me the village shop has oodles of their product. I had a cup of tea for a change. Now I need to work it off! I'm changing the bedding on the spare bed. It's driving me nuts looking at it, it doesn't match and shows all the bits. I like my soft toys to sleep comfortably lol
(Can't see me inviting anyone here for the foreseeable!).

Think the sun got to me this morning. It wasnt hot hot, but was warming up. Went for a hack 9am, was back just after 10 and had started to get a headache. Have been in bed most of the day in a darked room. Just been out to check for potatoes coming through and do bit of watering and weeding but its still too hot out there for me.

Just had a chocolate brownie - they are baked locally, I love their stuff and lucky for me the village shop has oodles of their product. I had a cup of tea for a change. Now I need to work it off! I'm changing the bedding on the spare bed. It's driving me nuts looking at it, it doesn't match and shows all the bits. I like my soft toys to sleep comfortably lol
(Can't see me inviting anyone here for the foreseeable!).
What's your update, you are governed by Scotland I take it.
We can meet six people and have a bbq outside in a garden.
This will be wonderful for all those who haven't seen grandparents.

I’m really struggling with this, I am desperate to see my daughters, but I know without a shadow of doubt that I would struggle not to hug them, I think it will be torture, having said that I’m not sure I’m even allowed to have anyone around anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers

Yes we are under Scot rule. In all honesty, I don't know !!! Life will carry on for mr t and me as it's been for the past three months. I think things are slower in Scotland thankfully, and there's no plan to allow unnecessary travel on and off the islands. I haven't looked in the local paper yet, they're sure to have an article on it. I think it's been advised that face masks be worn on public transport - but there isn't much of that up here anyway.

newrider.com